Hughesnet Community

Backend API is not available (error: 500.00.004)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NefariousNative
Freshman

Backend API is not available (error: 500.00.004)

1000019187.jpg

I am trying to check my usage and possibly purchase tokens, if needed, but this error message is displayed inside the usage area on the app. How do I fix this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@NefariousNative ,

In my experience, the fastest way to deal with app errors is to delete the app, redownload it, and reinstall it. 

You can also check your usage and buy tokens here on the community, using the menus at the top of the page. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade

@NefariousNative ,

In my experience, the fastest way to deal with app errors is to delete the app, redownload it, and reinstall it. 

You can also check your usage and buy tokens here on the community, using the menus at the top of the page. 

For some reason, it showed the same error on the website, not allowing me to check my usage or purchase tokens. I just followed your advice regarding the app and it is working now, so thank you very much! 

maratsade

You're welcome! Glad the app is working at least. Curious, does the app let you buy tokens? I wonder if they're having an issue with the token system. I remember something similar happened 2 years or so ago; they had some kind of an issue with the token system. I hope one of the reps jumps in next week and checks this, as it's likely you're not the only one. I just checked the app and I'm not getting any error messages. 

Yes, normally you can purchase tokens on the app, but for whatever reason, it wasn't letting me at the time.  There was an app update available, which I downloaded, right before I opened the app, so I wonder if that contributed to my issue. Regardless, uninstalling and reinstalling it fixed any issues. The app is working normally now and letting me purchase tokens, as well as letting me check my usage.