Gaming glitching

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrandonCrist
New Poster

Gaming glitching

My gaming is supposed to be better now but I can't even use hughesnet while I'm online gaming. It glitches all the time not what I paid for. Why is this and is there a way to fix this?
7 REPLIES 7
MarkJFine
Professor

It can't be fixed.

If you read up on satelllite internet, there's an inherent latency of a minimum of 500ms due to signal path distances.

Absolutely no one recommends satellite internet for real-time online gaming, not even HughesNet.
http://support.hughesnet.com/faq/internet/download-games-stream-video-music-through-gaming-system

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

So the person selling it to me said though they don't recommend it. But they have no issues with it themselves. Would this be terms for me to cancel my brand new subscription and get my money back??

@BrandonCrist wrote:
So the person selling it to me said though they don't recommend it. But they have no issues with it themselves. Would this be terms for me to cancel my brand new subscription and get my money back??

Picard facepalm.jpg

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

No, not really. 

@BrandonCrist wrote:

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@BrandonCrist wrote:

Not likely.  

Hello BrandonCrist, thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Some games work with HughesNet, but some games are not compatible due to the latency that comes with a satellite service. The salesperson sounds like he was speaking on behalf of what he experiences with gaming, and it depends on what kinds of games he/she may play as well. 

Let us know if you have any other questions in regards with your service.

-Brooke

Hi BrandonCrist, I haven't heard from you. I'm going to close this thread due to inactivity, but if you have other questions, you're more than welcome to start a new thread and we'll be glad to help!

Thank you.

-Brooke