cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scary Email Scams...

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Scary Email Scams...

That part's missing from Gmail emails, right?  I thought Gmail didn't include the sender's IP in the header.

@MarkJFine wrote:

The trick is to always look for the first "Received From" then there will be an IP in square brakets. That is the IP of the server that HELO'd your email server before it sent it.

MarkJFine
Professor

@maratsade wrote:

That part's missing from Gmail emails, right?  I thought Gmail didn't include the sender's IP in the header.

Hmmm. Haven't noticed, tbh.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

They may have changed this -- I remember a long time ago reading that Google did not include the sender's IP address in the headers.  I haven't really checked, as my knowledge of this is extremely basic. 

MarkJFine
Professor

After almost two weeks of inactivity, just got a third one. Here's the tally:

Date            Email Server       Amt     BTC Account

----------------   --------------------   ---------   ----------------------------------------------------------

10 Jul 2018   104.47.125.245   $1900   1JHwenDp9A98XdjfYkHKyiE3R99Q72K9X4 (3.35 collected, 17 xactions)

11 Jul 2018   40.92.70.69         $2900   1YAy8oEjEXsxos5u7y5k7siJ4tSmA71sU (0 collected, 0 xactions)

24 Jul 2018   40.92.253.58       $7000   1GLuqSSnZg8jq6AQdypjLYQoRPveX9uDxb (0 collected, 0 xactions)

They seem to be getting even bolder with their demands.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Stop doing the lip sync challenge, Mark, and they will stop filming you! LOL

GabeU

@MarkJFine

Jeez!  I'm sure I'll be getting another one, soon.  Smiley Tongue  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro