cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching Movies

Highlighted
Freshman

Re: Watching Movies

I mean it has nothing to do with Covit-19 it is just to slow for streaming anything.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Depends on your location, actually, and so many other variables that you can't generalise your experience to those of 1.5 million subscribers.  And COVID-19 did make things worse.  Also, you can stream with low speed -- it's other things that affect streaming, congestion being one of them, but also the way sites themselves deliver streaming.  

Jime wrote:

I mean it has nothing to do with Covit-19 it is just to slow for streaming anything.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@Jime wrote:

Streaming has never worked don't blame Covit-19.

It worked just fine here and now buffers quite a bit.

So much for your blanket statement.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Freshman

Does Distinguished Professor mean company person?

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@Jime wrote:

Does Distinguished Professor mean company person?

No, it does not.  Only those with a "Moderaator" or "Employee" badge next to their name are HughesNet employees.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Freshman

No problem now just got my service cancelled after a long call with a Lady I could not understand and all the repeated questions she asked.  You do have  to call early morning to get through.

Highlighted

Good you managed to get through, and I agree about calling in the morning. Good luck with your next ISP!

Jime wrote:

No problem now just got my service cancelled after a long call with a Lady I could not understand and all the repeated questions she asked.  You do have  to call early morning to get through.

Highlighted
New Poster

I thought I had had the worse with Xfinity.  Hughesnet is the absolute worse internet service I have ever had!

Highlighted

Xfinity is terrestrial internet; Hughesnet is satellite internet.  Two different things.  People's experiences with their ISPs vary widely. Xfinity, Hughesnet, Viasat, Cox, etc., work fine for many people, not so well for others, and don't work for others.

If you have tech or account issues you need address in this tech support community, start a new ticket under the appropriate section.  For idle commentary, try social media.

Irishrose wrote:

I thought I had had the worse with Xfinity. 

Highlighted
New Poster

prof you keep saying this about the pandemic but mine has been doing same thing from day 1, 6/7/18 now im cancelling but guess what cant get through not a big surprise