What are you having for dinner tonight!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

What are you having for dinner tonight!

Topics similar to this are fairly popular on other websites, so I figure why not start one here?  Post up a picture of your home cooked meals, either complete, or in the process of being cooked!  This might start up an interesting conversation such as sharing cooking tips, as well as meals others might enjoy.

Guess I shall start?

Tonights dinner is Steak, mashed taters (instant, sue me, i'm lazy, added pepper and garlic powder), and sliced tomatoes from our garden.
21469434_1603745816331649_2104124157_n.jpg

69 REPLIES 69
MarkJFine
Professor

Wish I saw this earlier...

Penne with Classico sauce with habanero-laced sausage and steam ready peas. Fresh crushed parm on top.

No pics 'cause it's long gone.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Pizza. Something like this:

pizza.jpg

GabeU

Honey ham off the bone, aged swiss and red onions on ciabatta bread.  It's a sandwich night.

Last night was pizza, and tomorrow is BBQ chicken on the grill.  

maratsade

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

I demandith pics of deliciousness! XD

Tonight I had pizza rolls.. -.-

Homemade or store bought?

GabeU

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

Tonight I had pizza rolls.. -.-

Totino's?  

Friday is 'egg night':
3 eggs scrambled with sliced grape tomatoes, black olives, red onion, green pepper, and peas; topped with cinnamon and shredded cheddar and 2 slices of honey wheat bread on the side. I usually use spinach but we had yesterday's left over peas this time.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Catching up...

Friday: zucchini and tomato casserole

Saturday: Hotdogs and salad

Tonight: spicy lettuce wraps, which will look something like the image below (we eat low carb, so no tortillas or any lovely goodness like that)

lettucewraps.jpg

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

(we eat low carb, so no tortillas or any lovely goodness like that)   

I always make sure to sprinkle extra carbs from my carb shaker on everything I eat.  I like to go against the grain!  😛

maratsade

LOL, @GabeU, especially about going "against the grain

I would spoon carbs all over the food, sprinkle carbs over it, wrap the whole thing in carbs, douse it in carbs, then submerge it in a carb bath.  I love carbs. They're excellent.  Sadly, they hate me (more than the satellite does).

Carbs aren't bad as long as you're able to maintain it to ~50-60% of diet. I tend to try to be as protein-heavy and low-fat as possible, with the rest being carbs. Seems to work for me, and I maintain around a 21-ish bmi and have been around 8% body fat (prefer to be around 5%, but I'm not running due to injury atm).

Speaking of protein and carbs, Sunday is pork night:
Thin boneless center cut, baked on a center rack with black pepper and cinnamon. Served with a baked potato with canola butter and shredded chedder, and broccoli.

Usually I make it as a German style breaded schnitzel served over egg noodles with red cabbage. Sometimes I add diced apple pieces and little shreds of black forest ham to the red cabbage to perk it up. I tried making spaetzle, but that experiment didn't go so well: Dumplings stiffened up before I could press it into the boiling water. lol, what a mess.

GabeU

Tonight's dinner is going to be a boring, lazy one.  Most likely a TV dinner.  

I so wish we had a Popeyes Chicken around here!  😞

maratsade

@C0RR0SIVE, Looks like a sad clown face....LOL

It's nice to see pictures of normal food.... 

maratsade

"Carbs aren't bad as long as you're able to maintain it to ~50-60% of diet."

they spike up my blood sugar something awful, so unfortunately, I have to eat very low carb (I eat about 50g of carbs a day). 

@maratsade wrote:they spike up my blood sugar something awful

Yeah, I actually should have thought of that. My wife is diabetic and is limited to something like 30g carbs/day.

maratsade

It actually works for some of us -- not everyone needs to go that low, but for some diabetics, low carb does help a lot.  I have tried going lower than 50g  and some days I have managed 35 or 40, but it's miserable. Carbs are such lovely things. I only miss bread and potatoes. Haven't had pasta or rice in 2 years and I don't miss either of them. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

@maratsade wrote:they spike up my blood sugar something awful

Yeah, I actually should have thought of that. My wife is diabetic and is limited to something like 30g carbs/day.

Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday are usually salad nights:
If it isn't Panera, I usually make a "killer salad" in layered phases:
2 cups of Lettuce, halved grape tomatoes, blueberries, low-sugar craisins.
Halved black olives, sliced/quartered radishes, sliced/quartered cucumber, sliced baby carrots, sliced/sectioned red onion rings, sliced green pepper.
Halved pickeled beets, green or kalmata olives, either cottage cheese or mild pepper rings with deli pepper strips.
Topped with shredded mild cheddar and some crushed basil/tomato feta.

It's a ton of food that's only 286 calories, 42g carbs, 14g fat, 13g protein when measured out correctly. I wolf my food and it takes me about a half hour to finish.

Edit: The reason for Mon/Wed/Sat is a holdover from training. I used to have long training runs on Tues, Thus & Sun and didn't like to get bloated. I don't subscribe to "carbing up" the day before (actually think that's dangerous). I do subscribe to the theory of heavy proteins the day of, which keeps your muscles in shape.

maratsade

" cups of Lettuce, halved grape tomatoes, blueberries, low-sugar craisins.
Halved black olives, sliced/quartered radishes, sliced/quartered cucumber, sliced baby carrots, sliced/sectioned red onion rings, sliced green pepper.
Halved pickeled beets, green or kalmata olives, either cottage cheese or mild pepper rings with deli pepper strips.
Topped with shredded mild cheddar and some crushed basil/tomato feta."

yum.png