45 Gigs... Where?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CWM030
Sophomore

45 Gigs... Where?

I just started over today with my plan... What 45 gigs? Why did I only get 30 again?

I've been a customer since 11/2020 so I should of gotten the upgrade I thought?

I was really excited for the new plan 😞

Chris

Screenshot from 2022-02-11 06-28-47.png

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Did you get a letter from HughesNet? If you did, the date your plan will transition is given in the letter. 

@maratsade  No, I think the only letters I got were the ones saying the govt discount is going from 50.00 to 30.00 in March

I got that letter like two or three times...

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Hopefully the reps here can look into your account and tell you when your system will transition. My letter says mine will transition on Feb 27 (billing date), which means I will see the new data package on March 9.  I wonder if you will see the change on March 11. 

@CWM030 wrote:

@maratsade  No, I think the only letters I got were the ones saying the govt discount is going from 50.00 to 30.00 in March

I got that letter like two or three times...

Hi CWM030!

Glad to see you're eager to get your new 45 GB plan! For those who are still within their contract, like you, the plan change happens once the contract is up. Remember, we vowed to keep you locked into the same price at the time of sign up for 2 years, but if you want to hop on the new plan now, you can upgrade yourself online!

Just check out Shop/Upgrade to upgrade to the 45 GB plan for an additional $10.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

@Liz:  "Remember, we vowed to keep you locked into the same price at the time of sign up for 2 years, but if you want to hop on the new plan now, you can upgrade yourself online!

Just check out Shop/Upgrade to upgrade to the 45 GB plan for an additional $10."

Screenshot from 2022-02-11 13-24-54.png

Why can't I change my package?

Chris

Hi Chris,

I see now, it's the EBB status that's the cause here. Only our original 10,20,30, and 50 GB plans are eligible for the EBB (and soon to be ACP) discount. If you disenrolled from the EBB/ACP discount to switch to the 45 GB plan, that would be $110 for the new plan vs $69 you'd be paying starting next month for your current 30 GB plan.

That's almost a 60% price increase for 50% more data in your situation. If the ACP stops or changes on its own, perhaps then you may consider upgrading to one of the new plans.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

@LizI was eagar until I saw the screenshot above lol.

Chris