Difference between 4Gen Ultra and 5Gen plans

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdesilva
Spectator

Difference between 4Gen Ultra and 5Gen plans

I currenty pay $89.99 per month for the Gen4 Ultra plan. I can't find the specifications of my current plan in my Hughesnet account to compare it to the four Gen5 plans now being offered to me as potential upgrades. Does anyone know where I can locate the Gen4 Ultra plan specifications? Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Really, if you have Gen4 Ultra, you are best off to stick with it...

Gen4 Ultra
$89.99/m
50GB Anytime Bytes
50GB Bonus Bytes
HT1100 Modem
ES-17 Satellite
UPTO 15Mbps download speeds

Gen5 50GB Plan
$129.99/m
50GB Anytime Bytes
50GB Bonus Bytes
HT2000w Modem
ES-19 Satellite
UPTO 25Mbps download speeds

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Really, if you have Gen4 Ultra, you are best off to stick with it...

Gen4 Ultra
$89.99/m
50GB Anytime Bytes
50GB Bonus Bytes
HT1100 Modem
ES-17 Satellite
UPTO 15Mbps download speeds

Gen5 50GB Plan
$129.99/m
50GB Anytime Bytes
50GB Bonus Bytes
HT2000w Modem
ES-19 Satellite
UPTO 25Mbps download speeds

I'm on Gen4, I have the 50/50 plan, but I pay $114..... Why would that be?

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

Lease fees, taxes, and anything else added on, look at your monthly bill if you need to know more.

Yea, mine is $101 and change after lease fee and taxes. So......maybe higher taxes and/or add on services like Express Repair.

Still, would pretty much take a "grandfather" deal for me to switch. Even then with a lot of folks saying their usage seems higher on Gen 5 doing exactly the same things, I'd have to think hard about it.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@andreatx

If you sign into the HughesNet My Account site, click the "My Bill" tab and view your invoices, you can see what you're being billed for.  Further, while viewing an invoice in the pop up window (when you click to view an invoice it will open in a pop up window), if you scroll down and click "View Site Details" on the bottom left, it will give you a complete breakdown of that invoice, showing you every charge and what it's for, including any and all taxes. 

Hope this helps.