Hughesnet Community

Does HughesNet offer any RollOver Data plans?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kitnbob
Tutor

Does HughesNet offer any RollOver Data plans?

In the old days, I would receive a complimentary Token for not exceding my data plan (FAP)

Is there a plan that will "rollOver" unused Data Useage from the previous month?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@kitnbob

Actually, that 3GB of token data was given to everyone who was on a part of the system that experienced the seven or eight hour outage on the night of 1/1 to 1/2.  I'm not sure if it was everyone on the Echostar 19 satellite, but I think it may have been.  

Nevertheless, you'll keep those 3GB of tokens until you use them.  🙂   And, with regard to the tokens, keep in mind that they are automatically used when you run out of data, and before going into FAP.  

I have a Verizon home phone.  I want a few shares of that stock.  LOL.  J/K.  God knows I've earned them at $70 - $90 per month over the last 13+ years.  😛 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
GabeU

@kitnbob

No, there are no data rollover plans with HughesNet.  The only data that rolls over from month to month is Token data, if you have any.  

@GabeU

🙂 I must have gotten a Christmas Bonus!! Yea!

I heard that verizon gave out 50 shares of stock as bonuses.

(grinning) on 01-09-2018, on my Jan statement, I got 3 Tokens.

Thanks HughesNet.

GabeU

@kitnbob

Actually, that 3GB of token data was given to everyone who was on a part of the system that experienced the seven or eight hour outage on the night of 1/1 to 1/2.  I'm not sure if it was everyone on the Echostar 19 satellite, but I think it may have been.  

Nevertheless, you'll keep those 3GB of tokens until you use them.  🙂   And, with regard to the tokens, keep in mind that they are automatically used when you run out of data, and before going into FAP.  

I have a Verizon home phone.  I want a few shares of that stock.  LOL.  J/K.  God knows I've earned them at $70 - $90 per month over the last 13+ years.  😛 

@GabeU

Thanks for looking into this

GabeU wrote: 

Thanks for that. I feel a little less important now. I do remember The outage now that you mentioned it. I lost a bid on ebay cause of it. Smiley Indifferent

@GabeU wrote:

The bonuses were for employees, you knew that. Old customers get a bill increase about this time of year. Smiley Sad  And I still cant believe they got out of the e-mail business. More into video streaming these days.

You did solve the mystery of where the 3 Gb came from. I'll give you two Kudos

GabeU

@kitnbob wrote:

@GabeU

Thanks for looking into this

GabeU wrote: 

Thanks for that. I feel a little less important now.

giphy.gif

I never got my 3GB, do you know how I get them?

GabeU

@Kehea wrote:

I never got my 3GB, do you know how I get them?

Are you sure you're on the ES19 satellite?  

To see, take a look at the Satellite box on the following page and see if it indicates Echostar 17 or Echostar 19.... http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/information

AFAIK, the outage affected only those on the Echostar 19 satellite, and though I don't know if it was the entire ES19 system, I know it was widespread on that system.  

Yes I am on that satellite and experienced that outage.

Disregard, I got my 3GB after my post. Thank you!