Does upgrading plan reset data bytes?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lighthope1
Senior

Does upgrading plan reset data bytes?

A while ago I upgraded my plan and I thought I saw that it refilled my data bucket for the remaining days. (Meaning I kept the same rolling 30 days, so about 7 days later the bucket refilled again and the 30 clock restarted.)

Was that a glitch, or do you get a courtesy refill when you upgrade plans?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

When you upgrade to a larger service plan, your data allownace is immediately reset once the plan takes effect.  However, you can't keep switching between plans just to get resets and keep costs down.  The system will lock you into your service plan for so long, and if you consistently change your service plan, you will be locked into the most recent one for an extensive time period.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

When you upgrade to a larger service plan, your data allownace is immediately reset once the plan takes effect.  However, you can't keep switching between plans just to get resets and keep costs down.  The system will lock you into your service plan for so long, and if you consistently change your service plan, you will be locked into the most recent one for an extensive time period.

Hi lighthope1,

I've marked C0RR0SIVE's response as the solution since what he said is accurate. 

Thanks

Amanda