Hughes Net rebate ripoff

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
astrick
Spectator

Hughes Net rebate ripoff

HughesNet and hughes net rebate is a fraud. They gave me a complete run around on processing my $100 rebate. I dont think they ever intended to provide a $100 gift card. If this is how they run their company they will going out of business soon. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good news astrick,

Got a quick turnaround on your situation. Long story short: the retailer from which you ordered HughesNet had their own rebate program which should have been the one to go through instead of ours at https://www.hughesnetrebates.com

As a one time courtesy, our rebate house will provide you your $100 rebate, so you'll receive an email confirmation indicating that the rebate is in process. Glad you posted in the community so we could address this for you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Do you have a case number or case numbers you could post so the HughesNet reps can check on this for you and see what happened? 

GabeU

It's not at all a fraud.  Did you fill out the proper rebate form and submit it by the end date?  

Hughesnet rebate said they have received everything they needed from me and were awaiting information from the rebate bundling. What ever that means. They putting up hoops that are out of my control. They have no intention of finalizing the rebate process and send me my $100 gift card.

Hi astrick,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I pulled up your account to investigate and from the case notes, I can see how frustrating this experience has been. I've escalated this to the corporate official who oversees rebates so we can get to the bottom of this for you. Please give us some time to investigate and I'll post back once I have any updates or questions for you.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

maratsade

The rebate may come from somewhere else and it's likely true they're waiting for information.  EDIT: Liz is on the case and she'll get to the bottom of things. Hang in there. 

@astrick wrote:

Hughesnet rebate said they have received everything they needed from me and were awaiting information from the rebate bundling. What ever that means. They putting up hoops that are out of my control. They have no intention of finalizing the rebate process and send me my $100 gift card.

My rebate claim # MP7HM74WKR

maratsade

Liz is on it, so all you need to do now is wait until she comes back with some info for you, after she hears from those in charge of rebates. 

@astrick wrote:

My rebate claim # MP7HM74WKR

Liz,

Thank you for explaining what happened. I truly appreciate your assistance. I am very very grateful for your efforts!

You're very welcome! Glad to help. Feel free to drop by if you have any other concerns.

-Liz

Good news astrick,

Got a quick turnaround on your situation. Long story short: the retailer from which you ordered HughesNet had their own rebate program which should have been the one to go through instead of ours at https://www.hughesnetrebates.com

As a one time courtesy, our rebate house will provide you your $100 rebate, so you'll receive an email confirmation indicating that the rebate is in process. Glad you posted in the community so we could address this for you.

Thanks,

Liz