Hughesnet SUCKS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandif
New Poster

Hughesnet SUCKS

been with this crappy service for over 10 years now and i have had enough of it very poor service!!

they say that we can not upgrade are plan unless we get the new gen 5 deal but with kids always on the net

we burn up are 250 meg daily cap in a few hours when the kids are on then they say we just slow down your service we do not cut

you off!! Well that is the BIGGEST LIE they say both on there web page and on the phone!!!! they cut you off to the point it takes you ten YES 10 MINUTES or more just to get to there token page and if you are lucky less the ten minutes later you get your service restored

Summer time forget service!!!!!!! it is so overbooked it take sometimes 3 minutes to load a web page!!!

Even after rebooting there modem!!!!! you all know most web pages today are way over ten megs to load !!!!

i can see buying there $100. +  service plan and have it burnd ( used up ) in two weeks or less then the rest of the month NOTHING!!!!!!

these people need to use there own service by the same rules they put on us!!!!  i would like to see how long they keep hughesnet service????

oh ya let there own kids use it to!!! i would like to hear there kids **bleep** at them about there crappy service!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what i like the best when you call is there first words is its the Weather!!!! ????  what i say there is not a dam cloud in the SKY

HUGHESNET SERVICE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda

Hi sandif,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Based on your account I see you are on a) legacy equipment, the HN7000S and b) a legacy service plan. The daily download allowance plans were not particularly being upgraded since the release of our Gen4 service in 2012.

We do appreciate you being a customer for so long, we had just launched your service a year or so before you signed up, so you've really powered through on the plan you have. As you said, today's web pages are different and that means your internet should be different. Your current plan if converted into a monthly total, is actually less than the lowest plan we offer on Gen5, which also costs less than what you are paying now. 

I'd like to go over upgrade options to see if you'd be interested in any special offers. Being in the corporate office, I have some more flexibility on pricing and commitment. Please let me know and I'll send you a private message with what I think may work for you.

Thank you,

Amanda

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Sondramjones
New Poster

Only had a month and hate it experiencing the same problems said I was out of data and system has been down how do you use data when system down
I am stuck with this **bleep**ting service for two years what a ripeoff

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"I am stuck with this service for two years"

Not at all.  You can leave any time. 

GabeU

@Sondramjones

If you'd like help in figuring out what is utilizing all of your data please start a new topic in Tech Support.   

GabeU

@sandif

First, weather at both your location AND your gateway location can affect your service.  I can be clear at your location and still have problems because of weather at your gateway.   

Secondly, the system you're on is very old.  You're angry at HughesNet, yet HughesNet is not in control of the net, nor the fact that web pages today require more data to utilize than they did yesterday.  And you're also angry at HughesNet due to your kids burning through your daily allowance in a few hours.  Why are either of these things HughesNet's fault? 

"i can see buying there $100. +  service plan and have it burnd ( used up ) in two weeks or less then the rest of the month NOTHING!!!!!!"  Again, why is your kids burning through your data in two weeks or less HughesNet's fault?  And it's not "NOTHING!!!!!" after you've exhausted your Gen5 data.  Gen5 FAP speeds are higher than with the legacy plans.  

HughesNet gives you the option to upgrade when the service you currently have no longer meets your needs.  

And, as always, no one is forcing you to use HughesNet.  You can cancel the service anytime you like.  

Amanda

Hi sandif,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Based on your account I see you are on a) legacy equipment, the HN7000S and b) a legacy service plan. The daily download allowance plans were not particularly being upgraded since the release of our Gen4 service in 2012.

We do appreciate you being a customer for so long, we had just launched your service a year or so before you signed up, so you've really powered through on the plan you have. As you said, today's web pages are different and that means your internet should be different. Your current plan if converted into a monthly total, is actually less than the lowest plan we offer on Gen5, which also costs less than what you are paying now. 

I'd like to go over upgrade options to see if you'd be interested in any special offers. Being in the corporate office, I have some more flexibility on pricing and commitment. Please let me know and I'll send you a private message with what I think may work for you.

Thank you,

Amanda