Internet plan pricing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twinklepa
New Poster

Internet plan pricing

On the internet website it lists sales prices for the 20, 30 and 50 GB plans/upgrades. When I called to get one of the plans I was told by 2 different representatives that it was a 6 month price and then it would go back up to the regular price. I've been all over the internet plan description and it does not say that anywhere. So what's the rest of the story. I would upgrade to the 20GB if it stayed at the sales price but....

11 REPLIES 11
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@twinklepa 

Are the sale prices listed for new subscribers only?  If so, it might be that the representative was offering the sale price to you, an existing customer, but only for six months.  

You can check what plans are available to you by signing into the HughesNet MyAccount site, then hovering your pointer over Shop/Upgrade and clicking on Plans & Pricing.  There you should be able to see the plans available to you, and then the prices when you click on the particular plan, including any sale prices.  You can also change your plan there if you choose to go with a different one by adding the new chosen plan option to your cart and completing the transaction.  Any prorated charges or credits will then appear on your next bill.

Edit:  I should add that I don't know if what is said above is the case regarding the six months.  I only mention it as a possibility.

THAT is the problem. Sales agents for new customers are saying one thing and IF there is a price increase after the initial period it should certainly be mentioned somewhere prominently. Surely HN monitors these posts and someone in management can answer what I thought would be a really simple question. 

PS - Thanks for the edit.

Liz

Hi twinklepa,

Thanks for posting, which website are you looking at? I see the 6 month promos for our plans on our HughesNet site:

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Really think that is for new customers. I logged in and went to products and plans and it doesn't say anything about the 6 months. Just says sale price $10 off regular price

I am on myHughesNet.

Dropdown under shop/upgrade

Click on plans and pricing. Doesn't say anything about limited time. 

GabeU

@twinklepa 

The snapshot that Liz posted is from the Hughesnet.com page.  The deals listed there are for new subscribers only, not existing subscribers.  

If there are any sale/discount prices available for your they'll be on the Shop/Upgrade page.  If there are sales/discounts available to you, they tend to be for either 12 or 24 months and then revert to regular price, but they'll state the discount longevity on the page. 

That's what I'm thinking. But there is no mention of a time frame. Trust me I've looked. Just don't understand why the sales and cs people don't know this. 

maratsade

It's probably an internal decision that's just that, internal, not to be shared with subscribers, for business reasons only those who made the decision know about. The sales and CS people may know it, but they may not be at liberty to discuss it with subscribers, so they don't mention anything and only deal with individual cases.  All of this is not uncommon in business. 

@twinklepa wrote:

Just don't understand why the sales and cs people don't know this. 

GabeU

The sales people are in a different department and tend to only deal with prospective subscribers.  The service department for existing subscribers likely isn't aware of sale prices due to not dealing with prospectives.

If you're not seeing any indication of and end date to a price when signing in to check what plans are available to you, there's likely no discount available right now and what you're seeing are the regular prices.  That doesn't mean there won't be discounts available in the future, however, as they do occasionally offer discounts to existing customers who change plans. 

maratsade

Special pricing is typically for new subscribers.

@twinklepa wrote:

Really think that is for new customers. I logged in and went to products and plans and it doesn't say anything about the 6 months. Just says sale price $10 off regular price