Hughesnet Community

Not the biggest HN Fan

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deborah Young

Not the biggest HN Fan

I am not the biggest HN fan, but when I read posts that say they should have went with a regular LAN, I really wonder how they ended up with HN? I on the other hand have no choice like most most of us here, we live where there is nothing else! I would advise anyone before choosing satellite internet do the research in your area, I think HN is only to be used as a last resort as a provider.HN is not a fad for the majority of us but a necessity. Just a thought.
11 REPLIES 11
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Hi Deborah, what you are saying has been said here numerous times even by the official reps. It is the sales and marketing people you will never hear it from.
Deborah Young

Wow! Is all I can say without saying the wrong thing sgoshe.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

And my philosophy has always been to research something thoroughly before entering into a contract. Back when I first signed up with HughesNet I knew exactly what I was getting because I went to my local library and used the internet there to research it. 
Deborah Young

I do understand that. I on the other hand had no choice, when I bought my house around the corner basically from where I used to live, it just assumed old provider would follow me NOT!! Imagine my shock after having unlimited internet
So HN was my only option admittedly I did not understand how satellite internet worked but I am learning, would I go with a cable provider should the opportunity arise? in a heartbeat.! But, I have accepted the fact that I may not be in a position of that nature for a very long time. So HN it is.
brandon1

Thats where research would have been useful. Assuming gets you in a bit trouble 
Deborah Young

Exactly Brandon, but in my case research would not have done any good since there wasn't another choice. My only choice was HN or no internet. I live in a very very rural area one that when you go out you get everything you need because it's too far to just run to the store, so other resources such as the library are not an option. As I said I am learning and my complaints are getting fewer. But for those that I was talking about who have choices why not utilize them?
tipplav21

I agree with you Mrs. Young, had no choice and I'm in school online so I had to get HN it was the only thing that was available. My parents had them a while back and they hated their service then, but again no choice. No need to complain, either I move or be patient until another service is offered in my area.
Deborah Young

Tipplav21 I am a student as well. And like I said I am learning to adjust. Thank you for your response.
Deborah Young

Well thank you Bill you told my secret
cuddlebug

Hahaha...Bill sometimes you surprise me with your sense of humor.  I love the comment about the bear.  We too have them here.  Think I should put up a metal detector when they go through?
cuddlebug

Deborah I am so glad to hear things are beginning to come around for you.  This is not something to take lightly, and I don't.  I have seen others go through similar situations and it's terrible.  God bless you all.