Hughesnet Community

Router help

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Howard Vaux

Router help

I used a TP-Link router ($25 Newegg) works fine have to change the router IP to 192.168.1.1.
5 REPLIES 5
Liz

Good morning Howard,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Glad to hear your router works well. Regarding your router IP, that is correct, so as to not conflict with the HughesNet modem's IP, which is 192.168.0.1.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Christopher San

Morning Liz and Howard !!!
Howard Vaux

GM...
kimpmay

what is the best router to get 
Liz

Hi kimpmay,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Thanks for posting, we can help point you in the right direction. Most routers are fine to use, it really depends on your needs. I suggest checking this router FAQ first to get started on your research: http://www.hughesnet.com/learn-more/faq/wireless-router

Feel free to post a new thread here to ask for any additional input on routers from the community, as they may have their own suggestions and recommendations for you.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!