Hughesnet Community

Should I upgrade our HN9000 Business service?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisb3127
Spectator

Should I upgrade our HN9000 Business service?

I've been on Spaceway3 (HN9000 modem) since 2010. It's a business plan w/ static IP. We currently use HN solely as a backup to our landline service, since we always need connectivity, and HN makes for a good backup solution.

What do others think of investigating an upgrade to the most recent Gen5 system? Would I still be able to get a static IPv4 address? Curious if the costs would remain the same as we're paying now, which is about $100/mo. Any deals for existing customers? We bought our original HN9000 system outright.

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I would upgrade, for better support and quality.  As for prices, only a rep can answer that. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I would go to the HughesNet site, click "For Business" near the top, enter your address as shown and see what business plans are available in your area.  The pricing should also be listed there, but you can also call the number on the site to get the particulars.  When calling the number they may have offers for existing customers, so it'd be worth the check. 

Remy

chrisb3127,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Remy