Hughesnet Community

To help everyone QUICKLY and EFFECTIVELY a TICKET NUMBER or ESN (Serial Number) is REQUIRED. NO SANs.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chad
Employee

To help everyone QUICKLY and EFFECTIVELY a TICKET NUMBER or ESN (Serial Number) is REQUIRED. NO SANs.

To help everyone QUICKLY and EFFECTIVELY a TICKET NUMBER or ESN (Serial Number) is REQUIRED.  NO SANs.

It would also be nice to add this to each reply as well.
12 REPLIES 12
Christopher San

Sure, would help Hughes-Net Rep's, if they did  !!
Geoffrey Leach
Sophomore

I think I understand the reasoning behind this, but let me add a "but".

It's been several years since I had the dubious pleasure of interacting with tech support, but from what I read here it seems likely that not much has changed. That is, several hours to get a ticket. It seems to me that this list is a way to avoid the wait (and aggravation).

So, what about a web page that collects the necessary information -- questions that a rep should ask, and a description of the problem. A ticket could be generated and the result posted (optionally!) to the list. Perhaps this could reduce the number of all-caps posts?
Christopher San

Yeah i remember ,saying san number instead of ESN numbers, Sorry !!
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

For those that don't know where to find their ESN:

Open a browser, enter 192.168.0.1  into the address bar:

If ever you have to post a screen shot of something that has your SAN (DSSxxxxxx) in it open the screenshot in an editing program like Microsoft Paint and user the "eraser" or erase your SAN.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Lol, sticky. We've been asking for that for a couple years at least.
Amanda

So have we 🙂
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

So Amanda's powers are limited? I'm devastated.  🙂
Amanda

Our "Easy" button broke.. Guess it's time to order a new one from the satellite fairy !

Jokes aside, we're trying to work on an alternative until GetSatisfaction implements a sticky function.

Amanda
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Can they add a notice on the page. So costumers see the notice before they take the screenshot.
Amanda

Hi Jezra,

I've already implemented this in the sidebar you've mentioned.

" If this is your first time here, we recommend reading our Tips for Posting in the Community "

Perhaps it is not strong enough. #6 covers caps.

Thanks
Amanda
Amanda

Jezra,

I've changed things around a little just now. Hopefully once we're done designing some concepts we can start making our community more attractive and easy to use, but not clunky.

Amanda
Christopher San

it's a start !!!!