Upgraded to Gen 5

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lighthope1
Senior

Upgraded to Gen 5

Well, I can say from experience that it is possible to upgrade to Gen 5, as I just did it.  Installer coming out in two days.

So best advice is to call and see what they say.

I chose the lease option as the person I talked to said that if something goes wrong with the modem, they would replace it for free.  I thought that was a good option as hardware always breaks down eventually.

Hopefully the ping times won't be so bad, as they are starting to creep up in the evening again. (1.8K last night.)

See you in the next generation.

2 REPLIES 2
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Latency is pretty good IMO lower than Jupiter One when it launched... It will go up as time goes on and load is increased on the gateways and bird.
Jupiter Two LatencyJupiter Two LatencyJupiter One LatencyJupiter One Latency

kevin3
New Poster

@lighthope1 wrote:

Well, I can say from experience that it is possible to upgrade to Gen 5, as I just did it.  Installer coming out in two days.

I chose the lease option as the person I talked to said that if something goes wrong with the modem, they would replace it for free.  I thought that was a good option as hardware always breaks down eventually.

Hopefully the ping times won't be so bad, as they are starting to creep up in the evening again. (1.8K last night.)

@lighthope1 wrote: