Hughesnet Community

When will Hughes Net match Exede's Gen5 GB for $99? see plan. HTTP://directed.com/?id=3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elgrubaugh
New Poster

When will Hughes Net match Exede's Gen5 GB for $99? see plan. HTTP://directed.com/?id=3

Since I am locked in to 21 more months and paying $80 for 30 GB, I would love to have the option to go to 150 for $100

7 REPLIES 7
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

And lots of unhappy customers on their forum. Offering something and providing it is entirely different.

Satellite is not like cable Internet. Things change minute by minute on satellite.

Even on Gen 5 I seriously doubt people will have a cable experience. The latency alone will make it feel much different.

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Then we have this from the Exede Community:

Exede Community.PNG

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@Gwalk900 wrote:

Then we have this from the Exede Community:

Exede Community.PNG

The grass is always greener......

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Not only is the grass just as green, Exede, just like Hughes, steals data from their subscribers!

See my reply to James is this topic:

https://community.exede.com/exede/topics/disappointed-with-customer-service-regarding-usage

Its everywhere I tell ya!

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

In the end it gets back to data monitoring and managemenent. People come to satellite and expect the same as with cable. Won't happen.

A capped service similar to cell phone data caps. Do people not monitor their cell data use? They buy a limited data plan then expect unlimited use, I don't get the logic.

Every time in 12+ years with satellite and thought data was being stolen it ended up being on my end. Computers and other devices do all kinds of things in the background.

It does seem that Gen 5 Jupiter 2 is doing something different on the compression side that makes data usage appear very skewed when using software monitors and even router hardware monitoring.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@BirdDog wrote:

It does seem that Gen 5 Jupiter 2 is doing something different on the compression side that makes data usage appear very skewed when using software monitors and even router hardware monitoring.

No doubt.