Downloads very slow

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lisadawn66
Freshman

Downloads very slow

I have been having computer problems for nearly 2 weeks. I cannot seem to get important downloads. They start and then just sit at low percentages sometimes for hours. I don't see anything happening at all. I just want to know is it because of all the extra people online? Should I just wait till the middle of the night or maybe even for weeks to try and do this again. I have sat here day after day trying to get my computer working properly and I am not having any luck. I can get on the internet and do normal stuff just downloading bigger things like 800MB to 1GB or more. I have had to reinstall windows 10 and now I am trying to get Office back. I need to use it. It sat at 2% for hours and did nothing. Then went to the Microsoft Store to download a compatible App that was 830MB and it took hours to download only 7MB! Please give me some answers! Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@lisadawn66 

What you mention is pretty much what's going on.  But, in addition to the higher amount of traffic, HughesNet has also prioritized educational and business collaboration software, and that will impact much of the rest of the traffic even further.

If you can wait, you'll likely have better luck with downloading files and such later at night.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
highgoldhunter

hi lisa....I am also having same problem.I do believe that the system is getting over loaded due to the virus and people staying at home useing the internet.I hope and pray that life will return to our new normal.You stay safe and healthy

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@lisadawn66 

What you mention is pretty much what's going on.  But, in addition to the higher amount of traffic, HughesNet has also prioritized educational and business collaboration software, and that will impact much of the rest of the traffic even further.

If you can wait, you'll likely have better luck with downloading files and such later at night.