Equipment does not work

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KerryAnne
Spectator

Equipment does not work

Hello! I had two hughesnet dishes installed at my ranch last Saturday (April 17, 2021). One works fine, not the best but we take what we can get. The other does not work at all. We spent about an hour and a half on the phone with hughesnet today trying to figure out what is wrong. I was transfered to multiple different people, multiple tests were done, everything on the end of the hughesnet employees was fine, but still the equipment does not work. I tried to get a technician out to help, I guess hughesnet does not do that. I then tried to cancel the account of the equipment that doesn't work. I was given the runaround, transfered up to 15 times or more, spoke to so many different people, and eventually was hung up on when I was laughed at by the hughesnet employee and lost my cool and replied to him, "yeah its real ****ing funny". This was after an hour and a half of being transfered to new employees over and over again and having to explain the situation multiple times. At this point I would just like to cancel that account! It was put under a business account, too, which is strange because I don't have a business. I don't know why I have to pay for something that does not and never has worked. Its been 6 days since it was installed and it has never worked at all. I am messaging from the account I have that does work, I couldn't  get the Number from the other one because it does not work! Please help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@KerryAnne 

Unfortunately, the only way you can cancel service is by calling, and with you having a business account it would be 800-347-3272.  

The reps here can only help with residential accounts, for the most part, but the cancelling needs to be done by phone regardless.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU

@KerryAnne 

Unfortunately, the only way you can cancel service is by calling, and with you having a business account it would be 800-347-3272.  

The reps here can only help with residential accounts, for the most part, but the cancelling needs to be done by phone regardless.

MortyB

Curious why you have two at one address?

We have two home. Had H N installed at each. paying dearly for many years. .  Then following a long power outage.

, we were not here at the time..had to have many services  reinstalled or upgraded..

I suddenly realized I did not need TWO Hughes accts ( sat dishes). If I was on vacation I still could get my hughes acct,loaded on devices.

I called. They admitted indeed I only needed ONE. 80.00 a year wasted.. 😞

So down to one acct. We get internet now at one home from another company getting a signal from neighbors Tower with permission. costing 42.00. no meter no modeom. We could get a 'landline' phone too, but do need hard wire Landline for a heart moniter machine, other wise another BIG saving.

No cell here so need wifi to use the c phone to text.

Now they tell me my Sat dish at the other home is out of alignement..and it will cost me 160.00 for them to come and move it ? I have no idea..unless wind caused it to move. BUT it is cemented in the ground and eye level. there is no signal there my caretaker says..and we need wifi too as no cell either. Even tho not working there i still get my HN mail at this address ????

GabeU

@MortyB wrote:

Now they tell me my Sat dish at the other home is out of alignement..and it will cost me 160.00 for them to come and move it ? I have no idea..unless wind caused it to move. BUT it is cemented in the ground and eye level.  

That just means the post likely didn't move.  

@MortyB wrote:

Even tho not working there i still get my HN mail at this address ????

Your HughesNet email is online.  You can access it from any location and using any internet service.