Intermittent internet loss Status Code 12.7.1 A transient problem has occurred

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChicagoJohn
Freshman

Intermittent internet loss Status Code 12.7.1 A transient problem has occurred

A week ago our internet started dropping sporadically, sometimes 4 or 5 times in an hour.  When this happens, we get the Status Code of "12.7.1 A transient problem has occurred" from the modem.  I've called tech support many times and most recently they sent a new modem which was installed yesterday and we had no problems throughout the day, but this morning it's happening again with 6 drops in three hours this morning and three calls so far to tech support.  By the time it gets to the advanced tech support people, it has come back and they say they can't diagnose the problem after it has resolved itself.  We've had the service for almost a year with generally good results until this started happening a week ago.  Any help or advice would be appreciated !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi John,

I really appreciate you continuing to monitor your performance over the weekend even though you're getting Gen 5 Monday. Your feedback would be useful to our engineers and would further validate that the fix was effective. 

Also, thank you for your compliment, it means a lot to me.Cat Happy Don't hesitate to post back in the community about your Gen 5 experience, and let us know if you have any other concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

56 REPLIES 56