Microsoft Outlook e-mail problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MontanaDave
Freshman

Microsoft Outlook e-mail problem

I have been using Microsoft Outlook to access my HughesNet e-mail account for years.  Last Tuesday morning I stopped getting new e-mails in my inbox using Outlook.  If I go to my e-mail account using MyHughesNet, new e-mails are there.  I can send e-mails from Outlook.  A live chat with Microsoft yesterday led them to tell me to contact HughesNet.  Here I am.  My wife has her own HughesNet e-mail account and is not experiencing this problem.  She has an identical HP laptop, is running the same operating system and is using Outlook.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning Dave,

Glad to hear it's working again for you! The HughesNet inbox can store 10 GB of e-mails. Here's mine:

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Liz

Good morning MontanaDave, 

Thanks for posting and providing that information. I pulled up your account and double-checked on your e-mail address; yours as well as your wife's addresses are active according to our e-mail system. I suggest removing and re-adding your HughesNet e-mail in Outlook to see if that jogs things back to normal.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz,

Thank you for the reply and suggestion.  Last Tuesday, I had an e-mail come in with a large attachment.  Working between HughesNet webmail and MicroSoft Outlook, I saved the attachment and cleaned up my Inbox (really was not that many items in it).  Everything seems to be working now.  Is there a limit, in HughesNet, to the amount of data in the Inbox?  There could be in Outlook that prevented that message (and all others) from being brought into the program.  If I have any further problems, I will try your suggestion.  Thanks again.

Dave

Good morning Dave,

Glad to hear it's working again for you! The HughesNet inbox can store 10 GB of e-mails. Here's mine:

Thanks Liz.