PS5 not working since installing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mayeli21487
New Poster

PS5 not working since installing

Service was installed yesterday and my sons ps5 and or Xbox will not work. It connects to internet but cannot play COD or Fortnight. Has anyone experience this? What can I do? I’ve already tried changing rooms to be closer to modem, connected directly and changing 2.4 ghz to 5 ghz 

3 REPLIES 3
MarkJFine
Professor

Those games will work in story mode, but may have problems connecting for PVP or PVE where they have to interact remotely with other players. I don't know about PS5, but I do know this is true for XBox Live. Even if they could connect properly, the satellite lag time is sufficient enough that your son's online avatar would appear motionless to others and likely would be `killed` before he even had a chance to react, which kind of defeats the purpose. Unfortunately, this is a basic fact of unenhanced satellite internet because of the distances and the physics of radio transmission ensures a minimum of 0.5 sec ping times.

However, if you are somewhat close to a cellular tower I would highly recommend switching to a Fusion plan. Fusion augments satellite with cellular/wireless technology and alleviates the laggy parts. As a current Fusion customer I can say that it works remarkably well, even on somewhat marginal (i.e., 2 bars) wireless signals and can play several PVP games.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Do you mean the Fusion plan that Hughesnet offers? Because if so that’s what I have. 

If that's the case, then using a computer or phone connected to the wifi, you might want to look at the diagnostic graphs to see if there might have been a problem with the wireless (LTE) portion. I think the wireless provider has been struggling the past day or so because of the hurricane.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.