VOICE SERVICE NOT WORKING

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClouiseS
New Poster

VOICE SERVICE NOT WORKING

On 6/23/2018 I joined the Hughes Internet and Voice Service. On 7/3/2018 received Hughes email stating that the port of my current telephone number was completed. A few days past and AT&T confirmed that port had been completed and my account was closed (I didn’t tell them to close it) Wow, talk about being efficient. The phone worked fine and the Internet worked even better even with a power outage system rebooted and again all was well.

Around 8/25 my telephone calls began dropping  at about 15 minutes. I checked my account information and noted that a Hughes 8/25 email stated that they were going to port my phone again.

I called both support systems (approx. 6 times) and was bounced back and forth with no solution to the problem. I even drove 65 miles to get cell phone coverage to speak to support service and was told to drive back home and do a test call which did nothing. The consensus of all those calls was “the system is performing as it should”.

Now my phone calls drop at less than 2 minutes.

Here is what I have tried:  several power cycles, replaced cords, changed phones, and lots of researching on community suggestions.

I lived near Yosemite National Park and am a senior citizen. Beautiful and rural area but here a telephone is a necessity not a luxury. 

No problem with the Internet. It and the voice service has survived a power outage came back on line working well. Phone worked great until August 25th. 

I don’t want to lose the service because most of it works well. Any advice anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ClouiseS, 

Our engineers have made some changes to your system and will continue to monitor your site. If the problem persists, please let me know.

Thank you,

Jay

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Jay

ClouiseS,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting! This is certainly an odd situation and I would like to get it resolved as soon as possible. I have escalated your issue and will reply back once I have an update. 

Thank you,

Jay

Thanks Jay for looking into this problem. More information:  The first support person suggested I re-port and gave me the instructions. When I went to the port area there was a red message that said a port had been scheduled for July 3rd and wouldn't let me complete the support instructions. I had suggested the port had been completed or I would have not had an active home phone and per Hughes' instructions the number to be ported had to be active which it wasn't since the first port had been completed In early July.  The telephone is beginning to receive robo calls but no problem I just block the number. I still received calls but they are dropped a bit under 2 minutes (I timed the calls). My system is Gen 5. Could the problem be related to the 2 day service stoppage that happened the beginning of September?  This morning (Wed) tried a power cycle but no improvement. Again thanks for the help.

ClouiseS, 

Our engineers have made some changes to your system and will continue to monitor your site. If the problem persists, please let me know.

Thank you,

Jay

Hi Jay,

Thank you. I was able to have a 15 minute conversation. So far it appears you did solve the problem. I will email you in a couple of days should know then for sure if it is fixed. Thanks.

ClouiseS, 

That's great to hear! Another team handles our inbound e-mails, so please respond on this post when you have an update to make sure I receive it. 

Thank you,

Jay

Gave the phone system a workout over weekend. No cutoffs or problems of any kind. Thanks for all the help.

ClouiseS,

Awesome! I will let the engineers know that their fix worked.

Thank you,

Jay