CCleaner like software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ricky
Tutor

CCleaner like software

I have been scared off of CCleaner because of the latest issues with the software. So what program is everyone using in place of it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Hi Ricky, just my opinion but CCleaner is probably the safest option now. They fixed the problem with latest release and will be on guard for any new threats. You know the old "fool me twice" scenario.

There is Auslogics if you're dead set on switching.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Hi Ricky, just my opinion but CCleaner is probably the safest option now. They fixed the problem with latest release and will be on guard for any new threats. You know the old "fool me twice" scenario.

There is Auslogics if you're dead set on switching.

Okay, great. I have used Auglogics before and feel like it worked pretty well. I will see in the next couple days what I am going to do.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

That Auslogics looks pretty interesting and simple to use.  I may try it on my W8.1 notebook, though I'll still use CCleaner on my main W10 desktop and laptop. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Update:

I tried Auslogics' Registry Cleaner on my W8.1 notebook and it found four times the registry "errors" that CCleaner did.  It was easy to use and the system is running well.  I'll keep in on there for a while and see how it goes.