Lorex camera

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
missyr
New Poster

Lorex camera

I have a Lorex HD 720 ECO series security camera system. i changed my internet provider to HughesNet Gen 5 2 months ago and have issues viewing my cameras on mobile device ever since. only way to access it is when on wifi at house will not connect to system any other way now. i have had security cameras for 2 years and was never an issue with previous internet provider. i have tried everything on the cameras troubleshooting guide with no luck.  So is it Hughes Net blocking this. i had not set up a ddns because it was never an issue before. any suggestions or an i just out of luck

3 REPLIES 3
Liz

Hi missyr, 

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We don't block anything except for port 25 to cut down on email spam. Regarding security cameras, generally if it can work with dynamic IPs, it should work on a HughesNet connection. 

I googled the manual for what I think is your modem Lorex camera and you might want to check out page 45 - 15.4.1 Configuring Network Type: DHCP & Static IP. Make sure the system is configured to use DHCP as opposed to Static IP. 

Beyond that, if that does not address your concern, I defer to other HughesNet subscribers who may have the Lorex security camera as well.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I have the same problem with my Lorex Security System. It worked great until I swithed to Hughes.  Now it simply will not connect on my phone.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

See what the HughesNet moderator told the previous poster: if your system works with dynamic IP, then it will work with HughesNet.

Does your system not work with dynamic IP?  You may need to consult the manual. 

According to Lorex:  A Lorex DDNS account allows you to connect to your Lorex system from anywhere in the world using an easy-to-remember web site address that is available 24/7. This is perfect whether you have a Static or Dynamic IP address - no matter how often your Internet Service Provider changes your IP address, Lorex's exclusive DDNS service will keep you connected to the things that matter to you most.  Source:https://www.lorextechnology.com/self-serve/lorex-ddns-remote-viewing-setup/R-sc3700029