Virus Removal Service - 3rd Party

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JT-Hughes
Sophomore

Virus Removal Service - 3rd Party

Wanted to get some feedback on results,  but surprised to find no topics on this..

Did I search incorrectly..   or perhaps nobody has such an issue?   

thanks

and I have heard quite positive things bout this forum / board / community.. 

one name in particular, but wanna make sure i have it right..  was a female.

6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@JT-Hughes

Could you elaborate on your question?  Are you trying to find a virus removal service?  

zerosumgame
New Poster

As to 3rd party virus control, I have to NOT reccomend PC Matic, at random times it downloads tons of stuff. I have asked them about this and they just shrug and (in effect) say I paid them so they no longer care about the customer. they have no way to control it to keep in the 2am - 8am window so they will suck down data all day long. I would reccomend keeping task manager open and select Network to sort ny so you can see what is being used on a real time basis.

GabeU

@zerosumgame

If you're trying to determine what is using data on a Windows based PC, Glasswire is a good tool.  It will tell you exactly what is using data, whether programs, apps, Windows processes, etc., and just how much each particular thing is using.   It's also free.   Just make sure to set the options to "Incoming & Outgoing" and "External" so that it monitors the data going both ways and avoids data being transferred back and forth within the PC itself.  

https://www.glasswire.com/

As for PC Matic, I'd have to agree with you.  It doesn't have very good ratings and it's notorious for false positives.  It also has extremely cheesy TV ads.  😛 

Thanks ISP Forum brother.. I marked as Solution, but it aint havin' it.. I will post what it is saying here if i'm able to otherwise in another post. JT

Authentication Failed. Authentication failed for the action you are trying to do. This failure could be due to your browser not supporting JavaScript, JavaScript not being enabled, or trying to use the action URL directly in the browser address bar instead of clicking the link on the page. Return to my original page
GabeU

@JT-Hughes

So you were looking for an antivirus program for your computer?