Hughesnet Community

What internet browser works best on Hughesnet.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coreyellis1
Freshman

What internet browser works best on Hughesnet.

I have a Windows 10 Computer, and I am wondering what is the best internet browser that performs the best with Hughesnet. 

4 REPLIES 4
alfresco
Senior

It's probably a matter of preference. I prefer using Firefox because of the add ons and extensions, Adblock Plus, Flash Block and Disable HTML Autoplay. You can also permanently set it for private browsing unlike Chrome.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Like alfresco says, it's a matter of personal preference.  The most important things, again, as already mentioned, are the extensions you add, like ad blockers and and video playing blockers. 

I, personally, use Chrome, with Adblock Plus, Ublock Origin and a couple of other extensions related to tab functions.   

Microsoft Edge, which is Microsoft's Internet Explorer replacement, is becoming more popular as time goes on, as well.   

charmar97
New Poster

I prefer "Opera" since it is reported to be the fastest web browser.  It also supports all of Chrome extensions.  The plus side of it is that it has it's own vpn built in and you can use it any time for added security.

charmar97
New Poster

I prefer "Opera" since it is reported to be the fastest web browser.  It also supports all of Chrome extensions.  The plus side of it is that it has it's own vpn built in and you can use it any time for added security.