new dlink router causing ip gateway association state error

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krt_55
New Poster

new dlink router causing ip gateway association state error

I'm not much of a techy person, but thought changing out a router would be as simple as the instruction imply! Ha!  I have tried restarting everything and I keep getting an ip gateway association state error..ie. the system light is not on.  I've tried just going from the modem to the computer via ethernet and that produces the same error.  any ideas?  windows 10 computer

2 REPLIES 2
krt_55
New Poster

update - I think the problem may be no data.  Don't know what is eating data, but something is.  I have 10GB a month, the computer is used about 3 times a week, no movies, etc, yet I run out of data every month about 20 days into the month.  I purchased 5GB token, but the downgraded state didn't change.  I tried connecting during "bonus" time and it does try to show a website, but is downgraded to a crawl.  Why is bonus time downgraded?  Why didn't my purchase of 5GB return me to normal status?

Hi krt_55,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting! I pulled up your account to double check on your HughesNet equipment and after running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Thursday, Jun 15, 2017 between 8:00 AM-11:00 AM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #104462747 if you need to reschedule.

Please let us know how the site visit goes.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!