Hughesnet Community

virus reads modem not configured correctly (arcadyan router)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
123Lou123
New Poster

virus reads modem not configured correctly (arcadyan router)

screenshot.6.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarkJFine
Professor

Your router may have an open 8080 port going to HughesNet (what it thinks is the open 'internet'), but it's already behind a double-NATed system, essentially acting as a proxy. You don't need VPN and using it will severely slow you down.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MarkJFine
Professor

Your router may have an open 8080 port going to HughesNet (what it thinks is the open 'internet'), but it's already behind a double-NATed system, essentially acting as a proxy. You don't need VPN and using it will severely slow you down.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Mark ,  Thank you for ur quick reply & putting my mind at ease. I thought it might be vpn related cause I'm using free avast & get all the pop-ups for vpn . I'm just a pc novice ,so thanks again for you're knowledge . i knew a vpn would slow down my speed , but not the other info you gave.