Hughesnest does not tell the truth

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomemailnow
New Poster

Hughesnest does not tell the truth

I signed up for Hughesnet and also the phone. When the person I spoke with talked to me about the phone service I was told or made to believe that I could cancel my phone service at anytime or downgrade my service. Well after a month of no phone service I finally got it up but the service is so bad that no one can understand me or they just hear a echo on their end. So since i'm having to use my cell phone anyway I called to cancel my phone service and was told I would be charged a fee to cancel it since I had a two year contract. I was not aware of this and now I'm paying $29.95 a month for something that can not even be used. 

Hughesnet has been one big disappointment after another with me. They should pull their ad's off of TV since it is not true and misleading. Shame on them for taking advanged of people living in the countryside. 

I would never tell anyone to go with Hughesnet. They would have better chance of keeping in contact by smoke signal.

Thom

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

This is the wrong forum for your post -- this is about this community,  not the company or the service. . Are you looking to troubleshoot your issues while you're under contract, or do you just want to complain and not address your issues?  If the former, you may want to post under Tech Support.  If your account is new enough, the company may be able to pull the sales call and see what the salesperson told you and what you replied.  Perhaps you should ask that they see if the call is still available. 

Rascal777jimmy
Sophomore

Same here !