Hughesnet Community

Please explain who is powering this site.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Please explain who is powering this site.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

There is a favicon image in the database files. Why when you favorite some sites you get a little icon but on others you don't. Guessing it just hasn't been purged and is carrying over.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

I have read on this board that it is powered by Lithium. If that is the case explain why the tab on top of the page has Get

Sat logo.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Reggie, which tab? I can't find what you're referring to.

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

get sat.JPG

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Forget the last post. I'm done with this site.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Are you having problems with the new format, I understand if so. We can try to help you figure things out.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@Reggie wrote:

get sat.JPG

I still can't find where this is, can you please point to it? It may just be something they cut and pasted and needs to be ammended or deleted.

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Birddog,

What you are seeing is the screenshot I took from this site. The GS logo is in the tab above the address bar.

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

@Reggie wrote:

Birddog,

What you are seeing is the screenshot I took from this site. The GS logo is in the tab above the address bar.

Hi Reggie,

I can't find it either ... looks like part of a terms of service statement.

Here is a screengrab from my Win7 IE11 browser:

TOS.PNG

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

The screenshot that this site let me post is not the one I took. When I tried to post my screenshot it was changed to the one that you see.

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

This seems like a waste of time. GS will not let me post the correct screenshot showing thier logo.

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Reggie,

Posting a pic can be a little tougher on this site.

Try the following:

HTML post.PNG

Make sure the picture is fully uploaded before you click "done"

Then, before you post, click the HTML button.

If push comes to shove, send me the pic in a PM.

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

this is better.PNG

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Ah, I do see the GS logo on my tab. I do believe that is just something they haven't corrected. They still have the old favicon in the system. Will be sure to bring it to their attention Monday.

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Thank You.

Now I know I'm not going crazy. Well maybe a little.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@Reggie wrote:

Now I know I'm not going crazy. Well maybe a little.

Welcome to the club! Smiley Happy

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Lithium is running the site, the favicon may be cached somewhere, and I know some browsers don't like updating favicons what so ever.  When I subscribe to an RSS feed for here, I get the Hughes logo.

As for images... Give it some time dude, or if you must, use Gyazo to easily screenshot and share links to pictures.

Thanks,
C0RR0SIVE

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Liz or Amanda, wondering if you saw this since marked as solved and if on your list of things to fix? Thanks.

Hi there

I believe Liz had this same exact issue on Friday and fixed it by clearing her cache. I will ask her to post what happened, seems she meant to post when marking it solved.

Sorry, disregard. I was mistaking this with a different thing. While she sees the favicon and I do not, Liz still has this on a list of things to investigate. Thanks

Amanda

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

OK, I see it in your tab now ... interesting.

I'm wondering if some cached data isn't involved.

In my case I couldn't access the Community after the upgrade until I did a hard reset of my Modem.

Look at this screengrab from just a moment ago.

I have two tabs visible ... the one on the left is the GS powered Exede Community, the one on the right is this Lithium power Community site:

Tab.PNG

On the Exede tab you can clearly see the GS logo.