Hughesnet Community

Becoming very unhappy and just fed up

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thebox

Becoming very unhappy and just fed up

Rarely can I understand the filipino voices I'm trying to pay my bill with and I seem to have problems with equipment leaking when it storms. First time it took 7 days for a tech to show up and he changed out everything, even the modem. Next big hard rain it went out again and 9 days later a tech shows up and fixed some connection at the dish and Hughes billed me $125 for fixing THEIR equipment. Try arguing with an agent you can't understand about a problem with your bill. Finally so exasperated that I paid half of THEIR bill. Three months left on my contract and they'll think I've been drinking Redbull. Plus, their gear is no faster than anyone else.

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"Rarely can I understand the filipino voices I'm trying to pay my bill with. "

Then don't use a Filipino voice when paying the bill. 

"I seem to have problems with equipment leaking when it storms"

Is water coming out of the equipment?  What equipment is that? Modem? Satellite dish? 

" a tech shows up and fixed some connection at the dish and Hughes billed me $125 for fixing THEIR equipment."

Yeah, they charge for servicing the equipment. It's in the contract. You can get them to come out early if you subscribe to express repair, for a fee. 

"Finally so exasperated that I paid half of THEIR bill."

It's your bill.  

"Three months left on my contract and they'll think I've been drinking Redbull"

Or something.

"Plus, their gear is no faster than anyone else."

Did you expect it to be?  Satellite internet is usually slower than cable.   Looks like you may have forgotten to do some research before buying. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@thebox wrote:

Finally so exasperated that I paid half of THEIR bill.  

Just so you're aware, paying half the bill doesn't get you half the service, or service for half of the month.  Instead, your service gets shut off until you pay your bill.  

Why not pay your bill online so you don't have to worry about a language problem?  

Now that you've found this support community, I suggest starting a new topic in Tech Support for your service issue(s).