Billing matter

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
farmerhugh
Junior

Billing matter

I used to receive my monthly statement in my email account, but have not since everything was changed a few months ago.  Since I had a billing error this month, (which was not resolved satisfactorially)  I would like to know why it stopped being sent each month.

13 REPLIES 13
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The Hughes mods will not be here until Monday, but in the meantime, have you tried checking Notifications, under My Account? There are two sliders there, one for "bill generated" and one for "bill due," which can be set to on or off.   I'm not sure if either of them will send you the actual bill, though.  I've never used either of them, but you may want to give it a try and see what happens.

Thanks...I checked what you sugested and they are both on.   (green)

Hi farmerhugh,

Thanks for posting. I pulled up your account and I see you were still subscribed to get e-mail notifications. I re-subscribed you just now, hopefully they will start coming in again. Are you receiving any other e-mails normally in your inbox?

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

i hope it works Liz.  Since all the changes were made way back when,  I have received 3 emails and they were replies last month from a post in the community.  I used to get all kinds of inbox mail from the community and really enjoyed reading them as I very often learned from them.

GabeU

@farmerhugh wrote:

i hope it works Liz.  Since all the changes were made way back when,  I have received 3 emails and they were replies last month from a post in the community.  I used to get all kinds of inbox mail from the community and really enjoyed reading them as I very often learned from them.

Are you speaking of Hughesnet's email itself, or a third party email that used to get the email notifications from the Community but haven't since the change?  If it's the latter, you may need to forward the email from your Hughesnet email to your 3rd party email, and though it's a sort of tricky endeavor, I can tell you how to do it.  

If it's Hughesnet's email itself that you are having issues with, I hope you are able to get it fixed.  

Hey Gabe==sure miss not reading your replies to question asked!!  I have both, but if its not in my Hughes Net mail it doesn,t come thru my 3rd party account.  These last few (emails)have done fine, but i'm more upset about the billing portion than anything.  By the time it hits my credit card the reps are reluctant to correct errors that have occured and been paid.  I have not received an email statement since they changed everything and last month there was an error.

Hi farmerhugh,

Just keep me posted if you're still not receiving billing notifications by e-mail.

Regarding staying up to date with community posts, you have the option to subscribe to boards or threads. Whether you're in a board or thread, you can click on the OPTIONS button in the top right corner of the community and select Subscribe:

If the e-mails are too much, you can manage your subscriptions in your settings.

Hope that helps!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi Liz--I did not receive a billing statement again this month.

Good morning farmerhugh,

So you did not receive an email saying your 6/27 bill had been generated? Odd, your current e-mail address is still listed in our system as the one to receive e-mail notifications. Do you have an alternate e-mail we can test?

No that is the only Hughes Net email account we have,  Like I said we received it fine until all the changes were made,  Also Liz,  I know this is off topic, but I have noticed that now our internet goes down everytime it rains or storms,  It does come back up on its own, but this is also a new problem.  Been happening for about a month or two.

Good morning farmerhugh,

Inclement weather at your location as well as at your gateway's location can impact service performance. Just in case, I ran remote diagnostics on your site to ensure the HughesNet equipment is working normally and everything looks good.

As for the billing notifications, I removed and re-added your main e-mail address. I got a confirmation message this time after completing this, I don't recall if I did the last time. If you still don't get the bill notification, we'll test with the marion account.

pffurr
New Poster

Just don't go to automatic payment!  I was on automatic payment, tried to t sericeerminate my account, and when I called to do so, I was told it was terminated.  But then I got a bill for three months' service.  The guy I talked to reported to the system that I had extended, not terminated.  I objected to the payment having been paid automaticaly, but HughesNet refused to refund my money.  Bunch of crooks; See the whole story on twitter or their facebook.  I was very disappointed in them/

GabeU

@pffurr wrote:

Just don't go to automatic payment! 

The OP is already on automatic payments, as is evidenced by his/her posts.  

Most people are on automatic payments, and it is now a requirement when one signs up for service.  With that said, there may be specific exceptions to this policy, as is mentioned in the Residential Subscriber Agreement.