Hughesnet Community

Case #46180163

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stacey2

Case #46180163

Got roped into Hughesnet as part of a "bundle deal" with Direct TV. I signed nothing with them up front and between the two providers I was paying more than what the advertised "bundle" and had LOUSY or non-existent internet service!  I have had Hughenet since January and have never been able to access my account because I was never given my SAN (whatever that is). Have had nothing but problems and requested to cancel on 3/1....but am being told that there is a $400 cancellation charge! This is BULL SHIT! They promise to send a tech out and drag it out by a week or more, say that they are going to try increasing your GB service to see if tht helps, then offer "tokens" whatever those are just to keep you on the hook long enough to assess termination fees which were NEVER disclosed up front!
8 REPLIES 8
Katie0
Admin

Stacey - Glad you joined us.  Your concern is understandable. We can fix this for you.  Let's try to get it working as it should first.  We'll get that technician out.  If it's still unsatisfactory, we'll review the sales conversation and see  if we can work something out.    
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Stacey, go here your SAN will be near the top left: http://192.168.0.1/
Stacey2

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled 5GB service.

If you opt for the economical 5GB of service "plan" you will use up ALL of your monthly data allowance by downloading ONE movie from NETFLIX.....Not worth the aggravation!
Stacey2

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled WTF are "Tokens"?.

I was offered "tokens" as an ploy to get me to keep my Hughesnet service....after having nothing but problems with my service from day one, I asked to cancel anyway. Tokens and other data increases at no additional charges is Hughesnet's way of keeping you baited and on the hook for a NIGHTMARE of internet problems!
Stacey2

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled False advertising.

Hughesnet guarantees to offer the fastest Satellite Internet service....what good is being fast if you don't back your service with enough data coverage to support today's ways of life at an affordable price! I can go hardwired with my local internet provider and get more data coverage and faster internet speeds at half of what Hughesnet charges....wish I had done this research before saying "yes" to a bundle deal offered through Direct Tv!
Liz

Hi Stacey,

Welcome to the community, I'm very sorry to hear you're unhappy with us. We certainly want to address all your concerns. As Katie above mentioned, we can get a tech out to you at no additional cost if you wish, so please let us know if you want us to set that up for you.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Stacey2

Already been stalled by "we'll send a technician out"....been through trouble shooting and diagnostics twice. We want out
Liz

Hi Stacey,

Thanks for letting us know. I see you have already called in to cancel. I've gone ahead and credited your account $400 to absorb the ETF when your account terminates March 11. You should be getting a lease return kit after termination so you can return the equipment. Please ensure that the equipment is returned to avoid any Unreturned Equipment Fees. If you have additional questions, feel free to post back, we're happy to address them.

Good luck with your future ISP.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!