Charging for No Service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tompam03
New Poster

Charging for No Service

I did not sign up for auto pay but they did auto pay so I called the only way I could actually talk to a person was to use technical support. The lady was very nice explained what I could do to change it. I thank her and hung up I let my Husband know it was coming out of his account today but we could change it for next Month. He calls me and tells me we was charged for technical support of 12.95 Omg are u serious I wasn't even on the phone 5mins. That's crazy I hope I haven't made a big mistake by using Hughs Net. This is really sad to be charged for asking a question.
5 REPLIES 5
bare65
Advanced Tutor

@Tompam03

What 'technical support' phone number did you call? Did you dial the regular customer service (866) 347-3292  or some other number (express repair number or something?)

As a customer myself, I've personally never heard of anyone being charged when calling customer service with a billing question..

I'm sure @Amanda can look into this $12.95 charge for you in more depth. She is one of two moderators here in the community that actually works at Hughesnet on a corporate level so if anyone can get this resolved for you, or at least give you an explaination of said charges, she is the one that can do it.

It may take her some time to review your account so please be patient. I'm sure she will respond to you here shortly...

p.s for future reference, especially those customers that are not aware of it, all customers are automatically signed up with autopay at the time there service is installed. this is just the way HughesNet, and alot of other companies these days are setting up monthly billing. There is an 'invoiced billing' option that is available to customers upon request, but this method of billing incurs an additional $5 fee each month and can be requested by calling customer service.

NEengineer

I agree.  I had intermittent reception issues for the last 6 months.  A tech came out in December and said the modem reported it had reception issues.  The old modem happened to be working when the tech came out but replaced the modem anyway.  I signed off that the new modem "repair" was receiving data the way it should.

It was around Christmas and New Year's and busy running around so I didn't have time to really test Hughes reception.  When I did I experienced outages that lasted days at a time.  I used the internet at work instead and hoped the issue with the Hughes system at home would get better.  After weeks of this I saw it was not getting better and I called tech support to come out again.  Hughes would not refund the $530 for the new modem & tech visit because they said I waited too long to call.  IT WAS THE HOLIDAYS.  I'm not an online gamer where every being connected every minute is life or death.

I signed up for a next business day repair plan for another ~ $15/month, called tech support and another tech came out with another modem.  He also spent a couple of hours aligning the dish and now I have better receive signal strength than ever and it has not dropped out.  I am only out $530 for a FAULTY tech job the first time and an additional $15/month until I get rid of Hughes business service.  Will not recommend Hughes satellite service due to the run-around finger-pointing phone support @ Hughes and the mistakes they are not willing to stand behind.

@NEengineer

While your own complaint isn't quite the same as the OP's, if you feel like you are entitled to a refund (whether partially or full) it would be in your best interests to start you own conversation (copying and pasting your reply below into a new topic) to have that issue addressed, and possibly resolved by one of the Hughesnet moderators here within the community. They have the ability to look back at those charges you incurred and the repair service that was provided and can determine whether or not said charges were charged accordingly or if Hughesnet should be accepting some, if not all of the costs involved in replacing your modems.

FYI:

Right around January 1st, Hughesnet had a massive outage that affected almost all customers in the U.S from several hours to several days. Not sure if this particular outage is what you are talking about but I figured I would mention it anyways..

Liz

Hi Tompam03,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Thanks for posting, I definitely wanted to get to the bottom of this, so I pulled up your account and reviewed your latest case notes. I see you called in today inquiring about switching from autopay to invoice billing, to which our agent provided you the relevant information. This call and any call to us for tech and billing support at 866.347.3292 is free; we do not charge for phone support. 

I also reviewed your billing information (which you can do as well online), and there are no charges for $12.95. I suggest reviewing your financial records for other details about that $12.95 charge, as it does not come from HughesNet, again we do not charge for phone, or even email or chat support.

Hope that clarifies things.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi Tompam03,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!