Hughesnet Community

Deceptive GEN5 Upgrage Practice, or lack of upgrade.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlantz
Junior

Deceptive GEN5 Upgrage Practice, or lack of upgrade.

I have been trying since Monday to get my system upgraded to GEN5

Every time they try to subnit my order, it returns an error, supposedly saying the system they are trying to contact is not available, and they say they can not upgrade me today... 

I have spent well over 3 hours on the phone and NO ONE WILL OWN AND FIX THIS PROBLEM.

I keep getting passed from sales clerk to sales clerk. They say they will be right back after checking on the problem, and I end up starting all over with a different sales person.. 

I am being forced to stay locked in a higher priced product with lesser service. It is in Hughesnet interest not to upgrade me, because they are making more moneny from me on the old system than if they upgrade me, and take less money from me on the new system.

Sure feels like a scam.. Offer a cheaper product, then keep saying sorry, we can't today.... It's been over a week now, and at one time I was told this probem has been happening almost two months now.. 

What's the issue Hughes?????? What a bad way to do business.. you are looking pretty incapable to this customer

Why can no one own this problem and why can no one upgrade my system?!?!?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning jlantz,

Please check your PMs, as I've sent you the contact information for your dealer doing the Gen 5 upgrade for you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

I get around 15-26 Mbps download with Gen5 using my own router.  It varies alot for me.  I get 40+ Mbps on a wired connection.  I dont know why wireless is so much lower. 

Good morning folks,

Glad to see you discussing your Gen 5 speeds. I would also suggest continuing this discussion elsewhere, as I've already addressed the original poster's concerns. I'll go ahead and close this thread.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!