cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kristinmanns101
New Poster

Early Termination Fees for service that did not work

Good Morning, 

My name is Kristin and i am currently trying to cancel my internet service with HughNet. From day one of the internet being installed at my residence i have had nothing but problems with the internet not working. i have called technical support from day one letting them know they it has not worked. I have gotten the run arounds from every tech that i have called to get our internet to work. I was first told that it takes 2 weeks for the internet to work out the kinks and that internet should be working after that. So my husband and i waited the two week period like the tech told us and still no luck with getting the internet to work. Everytime i have called to explain my case to a tech support agent i have recieved unprofessional customer service, i have recieved nothing but rude and uncalled for behavior. I finally had enough with getting the run arounds with trying to get our internet to work. The last call i made to HughNet i spoke to an Account Manager who was so unprofessional, could hardly speak english and was extreamly rude and said that i have a obligation to pay an early termination fee of $400.00. I told him i did not feel that i had an obligation to pay for an early termination fee let alone a termination fee of $400.00 for internet that did not work out at my home. He argued with me and then threated me telling me that he would draft the $400.00 out of my account at that moment. I asked to speak to higher up managemet to get this resolved but was told he was higher up management and that there was nothing he could do to make this right. I have experienced poor customer service with HughNet and was promised my the sales rept that set me up that this would be the best internet i could get and that the service would be excellent and i would have no problems. Obviously i have had problems from day one with HughsNet. I have done my part with calling and trying to get this resolved and nothing has happened. My account is pending termination but HughNet still wants a $400.00 cancelation fee. I just find that unfair and uncalled for on service that was did not live up to the expectation. I dont know what else to do but I feel that i should not have to pay a termination fee for services that did not work from day one

Kristin

1 REPLY 1
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@kristinmanns101 

The reps will reply, I'm sure.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  They normally reply within a day, but with the large pandemic related increase in support requests it can take them a bit longer than normal.  As it stands right now, it's likely that you won't hear from one until at least Monday, though there is a rep that's occasionally on during the evening.  

On a side note, and just for reference, regarding the following statement...

"and was promised my the sales rept that set me up that this would be the best internet i could get and that the service would be excellent and i would have no problems"

...though a rep should never guarantee you will have no problems, as it's impossible for them to guarantee that, a sales rep saying that the service is "the best you can get" and "excellent" are just a sales tactics, like a car salesperson saying their vehicle is the best or Heinz saing their ketchup is the tastiest.  It's a subjective statement that can't be measured.  In other words, an opinion. 

Stay safe.  🙂