Failed install, never able to receive service yet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vdubby69
New Poster

Failed install, never able to receive service yet

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!! It Has been nearly 2 MONTHS since 1st ordered service, AND I HAVE YET TO BE ABLE TO UTILIZE ANYTHING I HAVE PAID FOR AND NONE OF THE SERVICE HAS WORKED SINCE HAVING IT INSTALLED WAY BACK ON NOVEMBER 10TH!!!
I paid out right up front $425 to buy the equipment and pay for the installation end of October. It was close to 2weeks before the technician could get the installer out here. When he got here it was late in the day, his last call. He was anxious to get done and get home, and he also experienced several problems, as he kept walking away to call for support and Back and forth on line with you guys trying to get our equipment and connection to register/ work. For the install, he went ahead to save time, and used an old cable wire previously run from another cable company, of which its condition i am unsure of, but he decided to trust. (He did not perform a clean fresh complete install as we had herb tools bye would and should do. ) Finally, as it was getting late into the evening, he says youre connected, I'm done, here's your passcode, you're all set. Now although the system read Wi-Fi connected, after running your suggested speed tests, our speed was operating at LESS THAN 1MBPS!! (WHICH I WAS TOLD WAS LESS THAN 90%OF THE POPULATION IN THIS COUNTRY!!=OBVIOUSLY UNACCEPTABLE!) IT only continued to get worse, as we were never ankle to successfully stream a single thing, and that is what we do, stream all our tv, and the service was so terrible that it couldn't stream or allow us to view a single thing!! Now just prior to him leaving, he said not to worry, that our connection and service would only continue to improve once up and running for few days. That evening I had bad feeling as to get any kind of service we stream all of our TV through the Internet, and I realize the dish had been installed directly inn front of a huge telephone pole/ transformer!
Long story summed up, we attempted to contact Hughes for help and got no where several times, even tried getting ahold of the installer sub contracted ourselves, who said he could come back, but not for 2-3 more weeks. Consequently, further calls to his phone number have received unable to locate customer error service recording message, and he seems to now be mia. Weeks into this mess, with no improvement having been made or any progress whatsoever, and Frustrated to no end and without any hope of resolve, we moved the satellite over some to try and reposition it away from pole that was directly in front of/blocking it, and went and checked the reading, while following Hughes installation guide protocol instructions, however we were unsuccessful, as well. (Were never able to achieve reading above 16-26.So, we moved the dish right back to exactly where it had been, according to specifications for elevation, azimuth and polarization angle for us, we returned all aspects to that listed, and still nothing. Okie system shows connected, but with no Wi-Fi access still!!
I have been on the phone and wasted countless hours going around in cur he's with idiots you hired to help us problem solve who are overseas in Philippines are most unhelpful. The cheap labor isn't worth it, nor does it actually help Any of your paying customers out at all! All they ever end up telling me is that i have to pay even more money for a different installer to come back and fix the failed install i had already paid for the first time, and/or, then they simply hang up on me!!! Unbelievable!! I am outraged and so irritated and aggravated, That I am unable to at this time converse in any way with another one of your customer service reps on the phone. I dread the possibility of ever having to do it again. I don't think I'd be able to bring myself to do that, running in circles for over an hour each time with no end in sight, yet I'm so sick of getting nowhere and am DESPERATE to have my internet service up and FINALLY WORKING!!!
Currently, in lieu of Hughes being resolves, I have been using my cell phone to act as a hot spout, to provide wifi service signal, in order to use it to power tv streaming and HOME USAGE of the internet, which I'm sure Verizon is less than thrilled with, im sure my bill will reflect soon enough... I just want some kind of resolve to this situation I want to know if I can either get a refund for the equipment which is completely unused brand new has just been sitting here since the day of the (failed) install, or if somebody can GET OUT HERE AND FINALLY ALIGN THIS DISH PROPERLY AND FIX THIS MESS AND GET IT RIGHT, so that we can finally finally have service??
Additional Note Here: I would also like something to be a done to adjust our bill
( we are currently getting bills for service for literally not a 0 not 1 bit we have been able to use, and instead of glancing at the bill of which no service had been used whatsoever, without simply placing a phone call to us & asking us why we have 0 usage for the entire month, they have continued to charge us, seemingly with no concern whatsoever. Instead, they just keep billing us, so i would really like something to be done about that, as well, add we have yet to even begin day#1 off our usage as new customers!!!
I feel hopeless, having exhausted every avenue I am aware of at this point, yet still no resolve!!! I feel totally screwed out of a lot of money and am very unhappy about how they have handled this situation thus far! I am very unhappy very very unhappy and I want some kind of resolve to the situation please! I am pleading, dear God, is there anyone?-
Please can somebody please help point me in the right direction or MAKE THIS NIGHTMARE END AND FIX THIS PROBLEM SO WE CAN FINALLY TRY TO USE AND ENJOY THIS SERVICE I'VE ALREADY PAID SO MUCH MONEY FOR??!!?? THANK YOU!🤐
1 REPLY 1
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@vdubby69

I'm sorry you've experienced this.  Regarding the billing related questions and such, you're in the right place.  However, if you'd like to troubleshoot the technical issues with your service, such as the speed and WiFi connection problems, you should create a topic in the Tech Support section.  

Two things of note, though, and please understand that I'm not trying to frustrate you or make you even more angry in any way...

You mentioned that at least one of the main reasons for getting HughesNet was for streaming your TV.  Because of the soft data cap with HughesNet, it's not made for cord cutters, and constant streaming will cause you to run out of data VERY quickly.  Streaming in HD can use around 3GB of data per hour, and 700MB per hour in SD.  So, even if you have the 50/50 plan, your Service Plan data could be exhausted in a mere 16 hours of HD streaming, and 71 hours in SD streaming, and that's ONLY the streaming part.  Anything you do with your service will use data, so even those numbers are more theoretical than real world.  People do stream with HughesNet, but those that do so do it conservatively because of the soft data cap.  And by soft data cap I mean that your high speed service is throttled when you run out of data, but not cut off.  What it's throttled to is normally enough to still do non data intensive things, like browsing, shopping, paying bills, Facebook, etc.    

The other is that you moved the dish.  You REALLY shouldn't have done that.  I understand the technical issues and the frustration, but moving the equipment yourself can actually create a situation where you'd now have to pay for a tech to come back out if needed, where that may not have been the case before moving it.  The reason for that is, if a tech visit is needed, there's no way to know if would have been needed before moving the dish or if it only now does because of doing so.  Not all technical issues are related to the outdoor equipment.  That's not to say you necessarily do need a visit, nor if what I mentioned will be the case if you do.  Only a rep can determine those things.  

In the meantime, when the reps see your post here, they may still decide to run remote diagnostics, so it would be a good idea to leave your modem plugged in if you don't do so already.  

I'd also like to make it clear that I'm a fellow customer, not a HughesNet employee, nor their representative.  Again, though, if you post in the Tech Support section we can start troubleshooting the issue(s), and the reps can check on your system and address your issues, as well.  

Again, I'm sorry you've had such an awful experience.