Fraudulent Accounts Opened and Added to My Bill

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TjjEjj
New Poster

Fraudulent Accounts Opened and Added to My Bill

I have been a Hughes Net customer for nearly two years. In August, someone opened up two accounts in another city and state and those were added to my account. I have been charged fees and taxes for those accounts in an amount totaling $1,168.76. My normal bill is $127.17. I called and spent nearly an hour on the phone with a representative to try to get these charges removed. Instead of removing them, I was asked repeatedly if I knew someone that could have done this, and if I knew anyone in the State of Texas where they were opened. I told the rep that I have one address and one account--located where I live in Battle Ground, WA. I was assured that the accounts would be separated from mine, and that the charges would be researched. A few days later I began to recieve messages while I was on the internet--telling me that my balance with Hughes Net was due and that if I didn't pay, my service would be suspended. A couple of hours later I started to get texts from Hughes Net saying the same thing. I contacted them again to ask why the charges were still on the account, and to ask why I was being threatened with service suspension when the charges were fraudulent. I was told that the problem was still being worked on. I told the representative that if this issue was not resolved in the next 24 hours, that I would file a claim with the FC _ (this post will not allow me to use the entire name of the federal body that regulates Hughes Net). As of this morning, the charges were still on the account, so I filed a claim with the FC _ and included a copy of my billing statement with that complaint. I have still not heard back from Hughes Net. My request is simple. Remove the charges, research them, take action. It should not be overly-difficult for Hughes Net to confirm my address--or to confirm that I don't have two additional service addresses in my name in any other city or state. It is frustrating that a company as large as Hughes Net does not have a more appropriate means of handling these types of claims so that good customers are not held liable for accounts that they did not open.

4 REPLIES 4
Liz

Hi TjjEjj,

Thank you for posting and sharing these details, this helps a lot. I'm so sorry that you've experienced this. I've escalated this internally to our executive care team at corporate- the significant amount of credit needed is something only they can handle. I wish I could apply the credit right away to take care of this immediate concern, but it's beyond my limit and would need their help anyway. I will continue to track this case so I can provide you updates.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Quick update: the executive care team is on this and someone from that team will reach out to you regarding your concerns.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thank you

Good morning TjjEjj,

Glad our executive care team reached out to you and addressed your concerns. Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Liz