Hughesnet Community

Free month upgrade last year turned into new 2 year contract?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TMMLA
New Poster

Free month upgrade last year turned into new 2 year contract?

Hi there, I was directed to contact HughesNet customer care via this forum. Last year (around Oct or Nov 2018) we received a call to see if we would like to upgrade to the higher package for one month for free. 

We were fine with that, but when the time was up, we called and went right back down to the lower package that we had been on to save some money and not be renewed. 

I thought that we were done with our 2 year contract this year (we began services in summer 2017) but when I looked through the account recently, I realized that we had been renewed at that time last year. 

Can this be researched further? I have been on the lower package since the free month ended last year, and would like to not be charged the early termination fee to end my services.

Tara

2 REPLIES 2
Damian

@TMMLA,

Thank you for contacting us. It appears when you upgraded, this was to a promotional price that restarted the contract. There are always two sets of prices. The promotional pricing restarts the contract and the regular price continues the same contract, whether you upgrade or downgrade. Because I was unable to locate any documentation of you choosing this option specifically, I would like to offer support regarding the ETF. Please refer to your private message for additional information.

-Damian 

@TMMLA,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread or reply to my private message. 

-Damian