Hughesnet Community

How am I suppose to climb on my roof in the middle of icy winter to retrieve your transmitter. I was told I wouldn't have to do this.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patti Angeliz V

How am I suppose to climb on my roof in the middle of icy winter to retrieve your transmitter. I was told I wouldn't have to do this.

I am returning my equipment and was told that i did not need to climb on my roof to dismantle the dish and now after waiting 30 days for my return box to arrive, i see in the instructions that i am suppose to climb up on my roof and dismantle the dish so that you can get your transmitter returned. How do you expect a senior woman to climb up on her roof in the middle of winter (icy and snow, ya know)  to get this done within your strict time limit, which is already blown cuz of the time it took me to get the box? What should I do? I can't afford to hire someone to do this.  I was told when I was informed I needed to return equipment, that you ONLY WANTED THE MODEM and would not be required to do something as dangerous as climbing  2 stories up on my roof IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER to return anything to you. There is no way that I can afford or would I ask someone to risk harm to figure out how to take about the dish for your receiver.

.I am very frustrated over this whole process and now I must risk my life to avoid a $300 fee for equipment that I have already paid several hundreds of dollar for in lease fees?   
7 REPLIES 7
Liz

Hi Patti,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Please post a case number or the serial number located on the bottom of your modem so we can pull up your account. Once I have your account, I can dispatch a tech to uninstall the radio for you so that you may return the equipment. I'll waive the uninstall fee this one time just for you considering the circumstances.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Patti Angeliz V

B3 0010087229 AA
Liz

Thank you, Patti.

Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot on Friday, Nov 27, 2015 between 11:00 AM-2:00 PM. I have waived the $100 de-installation fee for you as well. The tech will uninstall the radio for you so that you may return your equipment to us. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #51236128 if you need to reschedule.

Feel free to contact us again if you have additional concerns.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Patti Angeliz V

Thank you, i will make sure to be here that day for him to remove the equipment. I will contact you at that time to confirm it has been completed.
Patti Angeliz V

well I waited until 2:55 and then I had to leave so that I could go to work. I changed shifts at the vet hospital i work at to be available for your technician. I guess I will hire someone this weekend and then go from there. I am hoping that you will at least give me a few more days before you penalize me for not returning the equipment fast enough. I'm not sure when I'll be able to reschedule but it won't be for another week...
Liz

Good morning Patti,

I'm sorry to hear that! We really don't want you spending money to have someone else get the radio for you. Our corporate office would like to give you a call today to investigate further into what happened Friday. When can we call you on the number ending in 59?

We've waived your unreturned equipment fee since the tech did not show.  Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz

Liz

PS
We're on the East Coast so we won't be able to call you after 5 pm ET/2 pm PT.