Hughesnet Community

Hughes net scammed me

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coke90

Hughes net scammed me

I have never felt so lied, cheated, and stolen from by what is supposed to be a great internet provider. They are far from that i have lost all respect for this company. I was lied to by multiple employees of the company first by the sales rep, i was supposed to be paying 40 a month come to find out later they would be charging 50. Thats not the worst part the first 4 months of my service i was unable to use wifi because the tech never properly hooked it up not to mention he kept trying to push his church on me, it was extremely unprofessional. I then decided after 4 months of paying 50 each month to move the service to my moms house to let her take it over, worst decision of my life i should have paid the money to just cancel service it would have saved me a headache. I was told that the move of service would be free ok sounds great right, absolutely not after they installed in new location and finally got it working properly i got my new bill which was now 70. I thought it may have been a small added fee so i waited for my next bill which was 70 again so i called to see what the problem was. Why was my bill being raised once again and they told me that in there notes it was already explained to me which was a lie. I guess because they atomatcially upgrated me to gen 5 from gen 4 that there is extra charges each month which i was never told about or agreed to pay but yet they said they explained it all to me and theres nothing they can do. They charged my credit card extra fees that i was not told about and then they lied about it this is illegal and should not be tolerated! I then told them i want my credit card taken off file and they told me its an extra 5 dollar charge each month to recieve a paper bill what a joke this company is full of hidden fees and has no respect for its customers i wish i could get out of the contract. Until they make this right i will do everything i can to prevent people from getting there service and getting scammed like i did so everyone please beware and dont get yourself stuck in a contract with the.!
3 REPLIES 3
Amanda

Hi Coke90

We are very sorry that you have had such a poor experience and would like the opportunity to make it right. Please allow me some time to look into your account, investigate what happened and where we went wrong. We can use this to ensure our agents are providing the correct information.

I am sure that we can come to a resolution that works for you and will reply back with more information once I have done the research.

Thank you,

Amanda

Amanda

Hi Coke90,

I see that during all these changes, our agents did not realize that certain promotions they were offering were not available any longer. What we will do in that regard is ensure that those agents and their team are re-educated on our offers and where to look for the latest offers so this does not happen again.

If you are okay with the option, I'd like to price match you as close as possible to your original quote of $40 including the invoice fee. Please let me know and I will send you a private message with a confirmation number and documentation for your records.

Thank you,

Amanda

jeremy2110
Spectator

I feel your pain.  My salesperson lied to me as well, but mine was in regard to data useage.  I wanted to be sure I could still function at the reduced speed once my plan ran out, in the event that happened.  Well, it happened, and within a matter of a few days.  Now, I get less than 1MB down.  I can't stream, VPN, or make voice calls on my cell phone with that junk.  I would prefer to switch back to DSL.  At least the speed doesn't get cut.  It was about half as fast, but at least it was consistent.  Customer service couldn't do anything for me, and suggested that I just need to change my behavior to make the product work for me.  Really?  I had hoped some sort of satisfaction gurantee would have applied, but it does not.  I asked them to just come get my equipment, and I'd switch back, but they told me it would be $400 to cancel my service.  This was within 3 weeks of getting the crap service.  But there's another lie.  When explaining everything to me, I was told it was up to $200 for early termination.  At this point, I would gladly pay $200 to get out of this junk.  I hate it, and won't ever recommend it to anyone.