Hughesnet Owes Me

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tronelove
New Poster

Hughesnet Owes Me

Worst company ever! They just debit your account for whatever they want with NO accountability! After MONTHS of countless phone calls, emails and wasted time; I still have not been issued a refund for the $359 and now I currently have an additional unexplainable $817 charge on this month's bill. At this point, I believe I have no other option than to seek counsel to stop the miscellaneous large debits from my account! FRAUDENTLENT THIEVES!!!!!!!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tronelove
New Poster

Although Ive heard this a dozen times, I am finally going to receive the refund I've been due since October 3rd for almost 350 bucks. And I believe it is going to happen this time because it is correct in the account information.

A huge shout-out to Hazel Navarro for finally taking the time to listen without an attitude and fix an issue that a hand dozen others failed to do. It has been 23 days and countless wasted hours, but persistence pays off! Hopefully this will never happen again and I can just enjoy my service!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@tronelove

You can log into your account and go to My Account > My Bill then click on "View" for which ever invoice you wish to view under invoice history.  This will provide a bill that is broken down so you can pinpoint why there are additional charges.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@tronelove

In addition to what Corrosive said, when you click on view on a given invoice and the invoice window pops up, scroll to the bottom of the invoice and click on "View Site Details" on the bottom left.  This will give a further breakdown and show all individual charges.  

JDVMSR
Freshman

Have similar experience. Bill is different every month, but bottom line is MINUS amount this month. I was told the speed test, by THIER TECH, was way below stated 25/3 speeds, and that would be "escalated to Management" for review with recommendation that the service be terminated w/o penalty. NOT HAPPENING. It appears the foreign language persons do NOT understand English (US) well enough to respond with any other phrase than "we understand, Mr John, so we will review and continue your service? ? or similar. It is most frustrating as I do NOT speak Farsi. The METERED amount of 20GB is used in two weeks JUST TO READ EMAIL. IF I had been informed of METERED service I would NEVER have tried the service. The advertised speeds of 25/3 do NOT take into acct. the several seconds (sometimes 30+) Just to get TO the freaking satellite.. When this dab of data is used, the speed drops to LESS THAN < DIAL UP> 1-2DL, .05UL. or pay ten USD for more "tokens". NOT at all satisfactory. It might help with understanding if Hughes would get some ENGLISH (primary) speakers. And STOP reading off the prefab pages. NO HELP for TECH. I suggest a report to GOV consumer Protection Office AND Better Business Bureau is a bulldog since they are private service, no charge, and they will hound the offender until they JOIN the agency. My CC of thirty years got cancelled for what they determined to be FRAUD. go figure, since I NEVER authorized Hughes to use the card. BEWARE of Wolf in Weeds.

tronelove
New Poster

Although Ive heard this a dozen times, I am finally going to receive the refund I've been due since October 3rd for almost 350 bucks. And I believe it is going to happen this time because it is correct in the account information.

A huge shout-out to Hazel Navarro for finally taking the time to listen without an attitude and fix an issue that a hand dozen others failed to do. It has been 23 days and countless wasted hours, but persistence pays off! Hopefully this will never happen again and I can just enjoy my service!
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@tronelove

Glad you got it worked out and will be receiving your refund.  🙂