Major Issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JIshmael
New Poster

Major Issue

11 days ago now I canceled hughesnet service, mostly because the product is a fraud and a complete waste of money and time. Regardless of my reasoning, a final bill of $61.34 was decided and agreed upon by myself and someone who claims to be the head of the billing department. It was also said I would be receiving a box and shipping label to return equipment back to hughesnet, within 5 days. As stated, it has been 11 days now, and no box, and after looking at my invoice that I was charged, it was $111 that I ended up being charged. I really don't feel like spending another 4 hours on a phone with rude and unequipped script readers to figure this mess out, because I have a full time job and my free time is short. Please tell me someone on here can help with this situation. I have pictures of both invoices to prove totals and I'm sure there is a log of my calls to corroborate. Not only does hughesnet have a horrible service, and awful customer service that rivals their ineptitude to deliever internet, but I am getting very close to filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau to lower that supposed A score they always brag about.

Edit- For some reason the acronym for better business bureau is blocked on here... just more proof that this company makes no sense
Edit2- Upon checking bank account, it appears that the correct amount was actually charged to me, and it was a post invoice deduction that was made to my bill. However, the issue still remains of the equipment return that is now 10 days into the 45 day period for me to be charged a fee for returning. That now is my major issue.
3 REPLIES 3
Amanda

Hello JIshmael,

Welcome to our community and thank you for posting. I've located your account and will begin investigating the account history. Your patience is appreciated.

Thank you,

Amanda

Amanda

Hi JIshmael,

After reviewing the account I have found the following:

• The account cancellation was placed on 6/17/19, including a credit to ensure that your bill would be $61.34. The invoice you received may not reflect that, but the amount debited was $61.34.
  • A return box was shipped from our warehouse on 6/19/19
  • The return box is marked as delivered by UPS on 6/25/19 (left at front door)

I can private message you the tracking number if needed. 

Thank you,

Amanda

Thank you for the prompt response, I did see the charge on the account reflected the correct total. The issue of the box still is that I have not found it if the did drop it off as stated. On that note, is there a way you could PM me the instructions and a shipping label and I can provide a box myself?