Hughesnet Community

My 2 year contract is over and i am cancelling my service at the end of this pay period. I have a quick question tho.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zachary

My 2 year contract is over and i am cancelling my service at the end of this pay period. I have a quick question tho.

Like the title says i am cancelling my service soon. My reason for cancelling is not being able to pay the monthly fees. My brother has offered to take on the service but i want to know if its possible for us to just change the service into his name or does he have to go thru the whole process of getting it re-installed? He is at the same address. I do still need services but i just can pay for them.
3 REPLIES 3
Warren
Alum

Hello Crystal,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the community! Sorry to see you go, but to answer your question, yes this is possible! You would have go thru the change of ownership process, in which there would be forms for you and your brother to sign.

Please contact Customer care to get started on this.   Customer care at 866-347-3292

Hope I have answered your questions. Please let me know if you have any additional concerns.

- Warren
Zachary

Hello Warren, 

I just got off the phone with Customer care and they allowed me to put my brother on the account but they would not allow me to take my name off. I kept telling the lady i wanted my name off but she kept saying it was in contract. I still would like to get my name off the account.

Also my Brother would like to downgrade our service for a cheaper plan. How does he go about doing that?

-Crystal
Warren
Alum

Crystal,

Thanks for the reply. They must of mistaken you for "adding" someone to a account instead of change of ownership. There is a change of ownership form for you and your brother to sign. Due to this being a billing scenario, you would have to call back to Customer care.

Make sure you mention that you need to downgrade the service plan as well. Please keep me informed on this, as I will step in and help if needed.

- Warren.