Hughesnet Community

Need too cancel service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wgreen0105

Need too cancel service

Hello. I’ve been trying too reach customer care since April 4, 2020 in order to cancel my service. I’ve tried calling and tried using the chat line. Both times I had waited over 50 minutes and no response. Can anyone assist me.
7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The only way to cancel is by phone. 

wgreen0105 wrote:
Hello. I’ve been trying too reach customer care since April 4, 2020 in order to cancel my service. I’ve tried calling and tried using the chat line. Both times I had waited over 50 minutes and no response. Can anyone assist me.

I have been trying to reach customer service all morning to cancel my service and the automated teller hangs up on me because the wait time is 20 minutes. I think that Hughesnet should allow for canceling of service via online tool or email if they are not going to allow us to wait the 20 minutes to talk to someone. I'd wait as long as needed.

RAYMOND1
New Poster

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CANCEL MINE ALSO BUT INSTEAD THEY HAVE CHARGE MY CARD WITHOUT PERMISION

I ALSO HAD TO CANCEL MY CARD BECAUSE OF IT, I WAS TOLD IF I WASENT SATTIFIDED I COULD CANCEL IT WITH NO CHARGE, ALL THEY WANT ME TO DO IS TAKE A **bleep** SURVEY, ITS A RIP OFF

maratsade

To cancel, you will need to call 866-347-3292. You may have to pay an early termination fee if you're still under contract. See http://legal.hughesnet.com/ServiceTermsAndConditions-current.cfm

To avoid equipment charges, you will also need to return the equipment (modem, power pack, and the radio from the dish). You will get a kit to return the equipment when you cancel the account.

Redneckangaroo

Typical Hughes , I am cancelling my service too , as it is crap .
That is me mistake I won’t make again !!!
If hey are going to use the current Coronavirus then they need to have an option available online to cancel out your account .
They have 0 customer service , and no consideration for all who pay their bills and put up with rotten internet service !!
maratsade

Okey dokey. Godspeed to ya. 

Redneckangaroo wrote:
Typical Hughes , I am cancelling my service too , as it is crap .
That is me mistake I won’t make again !!!
If hey are going to use the current Coronavirus then they need to have an option available online to cancel out your account .
They have 0 customer service , and no consideration for all who pay their bills and put up with rotten internet service !!