cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fox12
Junior

Plan reset, lost tokens.

Hi, need help please.

Yesterday I had 24 tokens, and approx. 10gb of my plan with 8 days left in this period.
This morning my plan has been reset to 100% the bonus has also been reset to 100%. And all my tokens are gone, reset to zero.
Could someone please check on this.
Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi fox12,

Thank you again for your patience and cooperation. I've sent you tokens to make up for all this. Please don't hesitate to stop by the community again if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The HughesNet reps here can check on that for you.  They usually respond within 48 hours.  

Liz

Hi fox12,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Thanks for much for reporting this ASAP, better we have a live, fresh case so that our engineers can have a look to see what's happening. We'll be sure to restore your data tokens once engineering has had a look first and deems it ok for me to send.

I'll post back once I have an update or any questions.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@Liz 

I have also had a reset on all my terminals, not sure of my tokens as I never look at them, or buy them, or anything of the sort, but it appears this data reset and token issue might be a bit wider spread...

@maratsade 

I bet if you look at your terminal status, it will show that you got reset as well.

Hmm. My data seems correct on my Usage Meter, the iPhone app, as well as the web site.

That said, I've been noticing a tremendous (nearly painful) amount of SSL errors since late last week so I'm wondering if that's affecting authentication errors in many instances and it's causing data retrieval errors and possibly data corruption as a result.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

@Liz 

I have also had a reset on all my terminals, not sure of my tokens as I never look at them, or buy them, or anything of the sort, but it appears this data reset and token issue might be a bit wider spread...

@maratsade 

I bet if you look at your terminal status, it will show that you got reset as well.

Oh I believe it C0RR0SIVE. I've been tracking this for a few months now. When did your data reset, today?

Edit, your DSS terminal is down so I can't check, but when is your normal reset date for that one?

-Liz

Got it C0RR0SIVE, thanks.

Hardware upgrades on our end appear to have a hand in this. Our engineers are looking into a solution to prevent this as they continue to upgrade, was well as resolve any currently affected accounts. 

I don't know when they will have a solution to restore tokens automatically, but if you are in need of your tokens sooner, fox12, please let me know. I can apply them after I check with engineering if it's ok to do so.

-Liz

Liz, thanks for the update. No rush for the tokens. I had about 10 or 11gb left on my plan with 8 days to go. So if they do reset back to the way it was I should have enough without the tokens. If they don't reset it back I will have plenty, right now I have about 19.1% of my plan left, and still 8 days to go. lol
I don't watch videos because it's too slow, so I don't need data for that.Just do whatever makes it easier on you.

maratsade

Cheers. I'll check when I get home.  EDIT: data and tokens both correct on Website and HughesNet app.  Can't check the SCC until later.  EDIT 2: Data and tokens are correct on the SCC as well. No resets.

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

@maratsade 

Thanks for the welcome Liz..It is my first post however I have read a lot. I haven't had to post, you and the others cover other members problems pretty well. I have gained a lot of insight just reading answers. I want to thank you all for the fine job you do
And also thanks for the very fast response to my situation, I am not worried I am sure you will find the problem.
Wishing you all a great day.

Your words mean a lot fox12, thank you! That is exactly what the community is for, and I'm so glad you've gained something from it. 

We have a couple engineering teams investigating this issue now. I'm also looking forward to what happened and having this resolved soon.

-Liz

HurricaneWV
New Poster

I lost my tokens too, Had 2 gigs on my day service left and 9 gigs of tokens, Everything was reset and I lost all my tokens, called 3 times talk to hughes net tech people and they denied I even had any tokens. They are lieing to us.

maratsade

Hurricane,

No one is lying to you.  If there's a system error, your tokens will be restored.  If you did use your tokens, a rep on this site can check on that and tell you what was used when.  If you would like help from the reps on this site, go back to the myAccount and Billing area and start your own account support ticket by clicking on the button labeled "Start a topic."   

I found that this site (community) is the best place to get answers and problems solved. Just post your problems or questions here and let them take care of it. They are much better at it.

Good morning fox12,

Just a reminder that your regular reset date is tomorrow. Please observe what happens then and let me know. I'd like to know if your data resets to 100% and whether or not your tokens return.  

If they don't, I'll restore them Monday. Thank you!

-Liz

Thanks Liz. I am watching it, I will let you know. Wishing you a nice productive weekend.

Hi Liz. My plan reset ok but the tokens are still gone. I had 24gb, now I have none. I can post a screenshot if you need it.
Thanks for your help.

Good morning fox12, 

Thank you for letting me know what happened! No need, I've already taken all the screenshots I need and have informed the engineers how it went over the weekend. I'm checking with them whether it's alright for me to give you tokens to make up for the missing ones. I'll keep you posted.

-Liz

Hi Liz. 
Thanks, I really appreciate it...Have a great day.

Hi fox12,

Thank you again for your patience and cooperation. I've sent you tokens to make up for all this. Please don't hesitate to stop by the community again if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,

Liz