Hughesnet Community

Problems logging into email and no help in resetting a password

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bev Mcdowell Na

Problems logging into email and no help in resetting a password

My Mother has been trying for 4 days to log into her email with no success.  I've even tried it from my computer in a different state, and no success.  She has called every day for 3 days and I called today.  One day they told her to have someone with her who understood computers better when she called back!  Yesterday they told her she would have to pay $60 to have her Outlook Express reconfigured.  Outlook Express is NOT the problem because I don't use it when I log in from here.  I have never seen a company work so hard to anger their Customers.  I asked a "supervisor" I spoke with today for their mailing address and she told me I would have to look on line.  I reiterated how I didn't feel their website was user friendly, could she just give it to me - she said she didn't have it!  I told her I've worked in Customer Service and I would NEVER tell a Customer to look up an address themselves because I didn't have it.  Apparently good Customer Service is not high on their list of priorities.  Going into the 5th day tomorrow still with no email service - I'm going to start looking for other options of internet service for her.
7 REPLIES 7
Sally Thomas

Bev, please contact executive customer care for Hughesnet. They are really caring and will get to the bottom of the problem. Give them all the information you can and provide contact info. They WILL get back to you and they are REAL people who speak ENGLISH and don't read from a script. executivecustomercare@hughes.net
Bev Mcdowell Na

Thanks Sally, I appreciate any help I can get!
Liz

Good morning Bev,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. We want to address your concerns, so please post a case number or the serial number located on the back/bottom of the HughesNet modem so we can pull up the account.

To clarify, your mother cannot log into her HughesNet e-mail account? 

Prior to 4 days ago, she was able to log in?

Are you logging into the e-mail account via the HughesNet homepage?: http://my.hughesnet.com/

We look forward to hearing back so we can get to the bottom of this.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Hi Bev,

Thanks for the information, we'll look further into this for you. We'll post back we have have additional questions or updates.

-Liz

Bev Mcdowell Na

You know what, never mind, my niece stopped by her house today and called HughesNet.  They set up a completely new email account, which is defeating the purpose of getting your assistance to reset a password.  I think her kids have voted and we are talking about cancelling her HughesNet and going with another company.  My niece also experienced poor customer service with your Reps.  One of us experiencing poor customer service is bad, but three experiencing it - all over the same problem - which still hasn't been resolved in a week's time, is ridiculous.
Liz

Good morning Bev,

I'm sorry to hear that, I wanted to address your concerns. We'll have look at your case notes to evaluate your experiences with us and improve where needed. If you ever need assistance, we're always here.

Thanks,
Liz