Unsatisfied customer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dd4822
New Poster

Unsatisfied customer

I am very disappointed with Hughesnet service.  I had this service installed nearly a year ago and it has been nothing but problems.  I've called customer support on multiple occasions to express my dissatisfaction with internet service.  It was unreliable, incredibly slow, and most times would not even work for basic streaming.  For the cost, I was definitely not receiving value.

On the occasions where it did work, the data usage would decrease abruptly from 20gb to 16gb.  It never made sense based on my family's usage.  After multiple inquires, we decided to cancel service.  I understand the contract states a $250 fee, but I must state for the record that I find it a highly unethical and immoral business practice to charge an early termination fee when the product/service you are selling does not perform in the way it is advertised.  Not only am I assessed this fee, but Hughesnet refuses to take back the satellite they bolted to the side of my house.  I do not want it nor have a need for it. They want me to send back the radio receiver, which is attached to the satellite, about 15 feet up at the side of the house.  I asked if they would send a technician out to remove it, and they will -  for an additional $100 fee!  Unbelievable.  I am not a licensed professional to climb 15 ft to unscrew the radio, nor satellite.  I am surprised they would ask a paying customer to do something so dangerous.  Isn't this a hazard for a company (that you are paying services for!) to ask you to climb 15 ft in the air to dismantle a product they put there that doesn't work?

My intention in writing this is that someone who has authority to make a decision can do something about waiving the cancellation fee and removing the radio AND satellite from my house.  As it stands now, I am extremely dissatisfied with Hugesnet and would absolutely NOT recommend to anyone, in fact, quite the opposite.  I was told my customer support to express my concerns on this forum because he said Hughesnet does care about it’s customers and business practices.  Let’s hope he’s right!

1 REPLY 1
Liz

Good morning dd4822,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We certainly do care about our customers, I'm sorry our service was not meeting your expectations, I'm sure we can come to a resolution.

I can understand that in some cases, the radio is not in a safe place for easy retrieval, or perhaps the customer is physically unable to uninstall the radio. This is why we do offer professional services to uninstall the equipment if it's not easily accessible by the customer. So what I've done is created a complimentary dispatch to uninstall all the equipment for your convenience. 

Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Thursday, Aug 23, 2018 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #114708286 if you need to reschedule.

Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Good luck with your future ISP!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!